THIS Sunday: Rally Day Kick-off and Potluck!!!
Education Hour, All Ages: 9am Adults: Prayer Walk on the St. Peter Campus
*Join us for fellowship and re-connection
*Bring a lawn chair to sit outside, or sit in Fellowship Hall
*Entree provided by Jill & Paula Catering, Ice Cream by MLT
*Please CLICK HERE to sign-up & indicate if you can add a side dish or salad
Updated Directory: Members, “New Among Us,” Friends
Our Church directory has been updated. Click the button below to download a copy. NOTE: This information is hosted on our regular website and is password protected for privacy. Simply input *the same password you use for THIS wordpress site* to access the directory.
Habitat for Humanity Fall Build: Sign up Deadline Friday, Sept 10 at 5pm
Habitat needs 55 additional volunteers last minute for Part II of the Carter Work Project on September 20-24. A corporate sponsor has paid for these slots but can’t fill them all. If you want, join Brian Ruch on Tues, Sept 21: as you register online, fill in organization name – St Peter Lutheran Church; Group Leader – Brian Ruch. Sign up for this or any other day shift or forward this to any interested friends or family (this link needed to sign up free): http://hwpfriends.hfhsjc.volunteerhub.com/
You can also donate: COVID has made it hard to convene our Matthew 25 committee, but local churches have offered $20,000 so far to sponsor a Matthew 25 house. If you can’t build but would like to donate, give online and designate “Matthew 25 House” at https://www.hfhsjc.org/donate/ or mail a check to the office: Habitat for Humanity of St Joseph County, Matthew 25 Build, 402 E South Street, South Bend, IN 46601.
Needed ASAP: Volunteers to Clean Out the Brush behind the Church
Major weeds behind the church are encroaching on our HVAC. Pastor Clark has a friend needing service hours for his men’s group at another church who has offered to help clean-up. We need a group from St. Peter who could join him. If you could help on Saturday, September 18 from 8:30-11:30am, please click here to sign up. Contact PC at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
CROP Walk: September 26th, 12:30pm – Walk or Sponsor the SPLC Team
Hello St. Peter Fam! Join our Young Families and Youth by walking or donating in this year’s St. Joseph County CROP Hunger Walk and help us fight hunger in our community and across the globe.
What is the CROP Hunger Walk?
CROP Hunger walks are community fundraising events sponsored by Church World Service (CWS), a faith-based organization addressing hunger and food insecurity, lack of clean water, and other issues defining poverty in our community and across the globe. 25% of the funds we raise will go to local organizations in St. Joseph County, including The Christian Community Pantry, Broadway Christian Parish UMC Food Ministries, Sunnyside Presbyterian Church Food Pantry and United Religious Community Advocacy Center.
How can I get involved?
- Walk with us on Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 12:30 pm (rain date October 3) at Battell Park in Mishawaka. We will walk socially distanced as a small group of St. Peter members. The walk will be a 1.8-mile loop along the river walk (see map below). A light lunch will be available immediately following worship. Please RSVP HERE to sign up and let us know if you are coming for “lunch and walk” or “just walk.”
- Donate on behalf of one of our walkers and SPLC. Our goal is to raise $1,000. Let’s make it happen! Online: click here and click on the orange ‘Donate’ button. In-person: Grab one of the donation folders by the slat wall and return it to Halrun Luppes no later than October 17, 2021. NOTE! If you are associated with SPY, please reference “St. Peter Youth” in the ‘Message’ field online or on your check; CWS will make a matching gift of $50 if our youth group raises at least $200.
- Pray for the CROP Walk and for our participation in it.
To learn more about CWS and CROP Hunger Walks visit CROP Hunger Walks. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Halrun Luppes at email@example.com or 574-292-2792 (mobile). Thank you for your support!
Outreach Sign-Up: Elm Road Fall Festival – Friday, October 8th, 6-9pm
In lieu of a Family Dance, this year Elm Road will be having a huge outdoor Fall Festival and Trunk-or-Treat on Friday, October 8, 6-9pm. They can use as many volunteers as we can supply! Shifts run from 1 to 2 hours and start as early as 3pm for setup, run until 9:30 for clean-up, with lots of different times and stations between. Please click on this link to pick a “shift” and “station/job” from Elm Road PTO’s Sign-up website.
Community Table Meal Prep Sign Up
Please sign up here to prep a meal for the Tuesday night community table. We can’t do it without you! Here are a few easy meals to consider: pizza and salad, tacos, hotdog and chips, chili and a side, spaghetti and a side, soup and sandwiches. If you have any questions please e-mail Pastor Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcing Friday Night Bible Study – “Revelation: the Lamb of God”
The Book of Revelation offers profound insights into the reign of Christ, the Lamb of God, in our lives—if you can understand its many symbols! Join us to explore the book with the help of a text from the Rev. Dr. Louis Brighton and other LCMS theologians and bible scholars as we support each other in the faith.
Time: 6:30pm Meal | 7-8:30pm Study and Group Discussion
Dates: Starts September 24th, then 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month
Where: Probably in homes of participants who want to host
Cost: $10 (church will cover if you cannot)
Sign-up: email Mike Fonck at email@example.com
Announcing Saturday Night Bible Study – “Matthew’s Gospel, Part 1”
The Gospel of Matthew proclaims the story of Jesus Christ with an eye toward his fulfillment of Old Testament law, prophecy, and kingship. Come explore the Gospel’s first thirteen chapters in-depth with a Lifelight study guide from Concordia as we build each other up in the faith.
Dates: Starts September 18th, then 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month
Where: Homes of participants who want to host
Cost: $13 (church will cover if you cannot)
Sign-up: email John Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday Community Table Adult Study: The Psalms
The Psalms are often called the Prayerbook of the Bible. In this small group, we will learn the structure and theology of the Psalter as a whole; we will also look closely at key psalms on themes like blessing, praise, creation and sin, death, and more. How do these psalms reveal God and order our prayers–and our lives? Each week, a short lesson from Eugene Peterson will help us find initial answers individually at home. Then we’ll discuss our musings as a group and Pastor Clark will supplement with insights from various theologians, including Martin Luther (did you know Luther had all 150 Psalms memorized by age 28 and lectured on them extensively as an OT prof at Wittenberg University?!)
Starts: Tuesday, Sept 14 | Food: 6pm, Study: 6:45-8pm
Cost: $10 for Peterson book (church will cover if you can’t)
Sign-up: Click here
Fall Sunday Adult Bible Study: Beauty, Building, and Re-Building
There can be no doubt that we are in a time of re-building in our families, friendships, and fellowship at St. Peter. Rebuilding can be a bummer; yet it can also be an opportunity to ask important questions, like: WHAT exactly is God calling us to build, and WHY? This fall we will seek answers by exploring the themes of beauty and “building” in Scripture and Church history. What can we learn for our lives from Abraham’s altars, Israel’s Temple, and early Christian patterns of worship? What can we learn from the way Christians have approached architecture and the “places” where they lived, worked, worshiped and played? Each week we will explore one big idea in Scripture and church history, so each week will be self-contained (no worries if you miss a week). Please join us, starting with a Prayer Walk on Rally Day (Sept 12)!
MAC Food Pantry
366 lbs this week. They would like jello, jelly and jiffy mix.
Also, do you or anyone you know have an old refrigerator/freezer that you would like to sell to MAC? They have an old one on its last legs and need to replace it. Please call Cindy M at 574-855-3504 and let me know!
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 9am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.