To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Education Hour (All Ages) 9:00-9:50 am
Adults: “How Do I Understand the Bible?”
Join H.E.A.R.T. in “Heart Month”: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
Thank You from Bruce Bennett
We received a thank you note in the mail this week from Bruce Bennett for Dixie.
Thank you all at St. Peter for your continued prayer and thoughts for Dixie while she continues her recovery from the motor brain stem stroke she suffered in the beginning of December. It truly is a miracle of God that she has recovered without any paralysis in her extremities. She continues to get better day by day with her daily and basic skills. We have all our St. Peter congregation, friends and family members to thank for all the prayers for Dixie, as they have helped her tremendously. Praise The Lord!! We appreciate all the get-well cards as well. She gets excited hearing them read to her. God willing, in coming time she will be able to read them herself. God bless you all. Bruce Bennett
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Cindy Schroeder is looking for people to help edit historical St. Peter pictures. The pictures have already been scanned into the computer. If you are able to help Cindy, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2022: Adult Bible Studies
SUNDAY MORNING Study – Nuts and Bolts: How Do I Understand the Bible?
9:00-9:50am | Fellowship Hall
TUESDAY NIGHT Study – Nuts and Bolts: Know The Old Testament NOW
Jan 11 – Feb 22 | Food: 6pm, Study: 6:45-8pm | Fellowship Hall
FRIDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Revelation: the Lamb of God”
Food: 6:30pm, Study: 7-8:30pm | 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month | Fellowship Hall
SATURDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Matthew’s Gospel, Part 1”
7-8:30pm | 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month | Member homes
Sunday Morning Hospitality Coffee Hour Servant-Opportunity
Hosting Sunday Morning Hospitality is a great way to serve and get to know others. It doesn’t need to be extravagant; simple is good, and Nancy Kroll will help you! Simply sign up on the back table or talk directly to Nancy. 2022 Sign-up available by the slat wall.
Women of St. Peter – Adopt-a-student
The women of St. Peter would like to introduce you to this years adopt-a-student Ethan Luft. Ethan graduated from Kearney High School in Kansas City, Missouri. He then went to a local college in Kansas City but ended up transferring to Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, Missouri. This is Ethan’s first year in the seminary and he just married his high school sweetheart this past February. Ethan’s bio and letter are on the slat wall if you would like to get more information about him. If you would like to correspond with Ethan is address is: Ethan Luft 13 Founders Way Apt. A St. Louis, MO 63105
SPY made 13 books of Proverbs in Kiswahili Braille on Saturday Feb. 5th. Thank you SPY for all your help!
Hacienda Give Back Night
This fundraiser will be on February 21 at the hacienda of Portage Ave. SPY will get 20% of the profits for anyone who has one of the paper tokens when they pay for their food or gift card on Feb 21.
There are paper tokens as well as a gift card sign up sheet on the table by the slot wall. If you choose to purchase a gift card please fill out your info on the gift card sheet and put your money in the ballot box. Please make any checks out to SPY.
If you have any questions please contact Christy Muhlenkamp 574-404-7676
NYG Service Auction – March 6, 2022
The youth are holding one of their biggest fundraisers, The Service Auction on March 6th after church service. Lunch will be provided by The Skillet. Come prepared to bid on services like baking, babysitting or yard work.
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of February 6, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $7474.17
Pastor’s Disc Fund: $200
•Last Sunday, Feb 6: 105
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 210 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: syrup, jelly and jello
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The braille team made 34 books of Proverbs in Kiswahili.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 6 quilts for The Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Submit Your Announcement Electronically
Like Prayer Requests, Announcements can now be submitted electronically. Please visit https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains documents like: the most current Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to receive the password.
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better: splcm.org/worship.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour: 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor