To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
REVISED: Internet service has been restored. Livestream is up and running!
Education Hour (All Ages) 9:00-9:50 am
Adults: “How Do I Understand the Bible?”
- REVISED/ADDED: Pick up Fliers this Sunday from the Narthex to hand to neighbors or post in common areas with the Easter Party and Good Friday and Easter services
- This Sunday April 3rd is the last day to donate for Easter flowers.
- St. Paul’s Estate/Gift Planning Luncheon is this Sunday April 3rd. For more information please see “Ministry Updates and Opportunities”.
- SPY will be making braille books this Saturday April 2 at 10am.
- REVISED/ADDED: Congratulations to the Pierces on Alex’s successful defense of his dissertation on Wednesday, 3/30 and on the birth of Anna Elizabeth, 7 lb 5 oz 20 in today, 4/1!
Easter Party and Egg Hunt is On!
You can still email PC to help at email@example.com. Look for flyer invitations to share, coming soon. And click the image below to RSVP for your own kids!
Easter Flowers – Donate by April 3rd
The Altar Guild will order flowers to decorate our church for Easter worship on April 17. Donate using the clear box in the Narthex. Please make checks to: Women of St. Peter.
Lenten Journey Worship, Devotions, & Service
Lenten Wednesday Evening Prayer Worship
Lenten Daily Devotions: Witness To Christ by R. Reed Lessing
Pick up a copy from the slat wall.
Be a witness to Christ this Lent, from Ash Wednesday through beautiful Easter morning. Journey through John’s Gospel as he paints a stunning portrait of Jesus, who is the bread of life, your glorious Savior. John wrote his Gospel for you “so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name” (John 20:31). Life! Through this season of Lent, you too will see how believing in teh resurrection brings you life – abundant life, forgiven life, and eternal life. That’s God’s gift to His children!
“Lenten Offering Box” – A Sunday School Service Partnership with the Congregation
Lent is a time for reflecting on God’s mercy by acting out in mercy towards others. Lenten Offering Boxes will be distributed by our Sunday School in the coming weeks. The Box Offerings collected during Lent will help bring clean and safe water to families experiencing a water crisis in underserved communities around the world through the organization charitywater.org. During Lent you are encouraged to partner with our Sunday School kiddos and collect your pocket change and more throughout the season and to give those small gifts to God as a faithful response to his abundant mercy.
Join H.E.A.R.T. in “Heart Month”: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
Ushers – click here to be contacted by Head Usher Matt Rockwell
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
Doorkeepers – click here to be contacted by Coordinators Jackie and Sam Homann
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Easter Egg Filling
We need your help filling Easter eggs for the Community Easter Party. If you are able to help please sign up, grab an instruction sheet and take a bag of plastic eggs located by the slot wall. Each bag has 100 eggs in it and each egg needs to be filled candy. All eggs need to be returned no later than April 14th.
Please sign up to bring a coffee cake or muffins to share at Easter breakfast on April 17. A sign up sheet is on the table by the slot wall. Please contact Paula Ryan if you have any questions.
St. Paul’s Estate/Gift Planning Luncheon
What: Andy Behrmann of the LCMS Foundation will present thoughts on how he can help
counsel Lutheran families through the gift planning process and preparing families
to meet with their attorney to discuss estate planning. A complimentary luncheon
will be provided.
When: Sunday April 3, 2022
Where: St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church 605 S. Center St. Bremen, IN
in the fellowship hall
Contact: Please rsvp to the church office at 574-546-2332 no later than Friday, March 25th.
Spring 2022: Adult Bible Studies
SUNDAY MORNING Study – Nuts and Bolts: How Do I Understand the Bible?
9:00-9:50am | Fellowship Hall
FRIDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Revelation: the Lamb of God”
Food: 6:30pm, Study: 7-8:30pm | 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month | Fellowship Hall
SATURDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Matthew’s Gospel, Part 1”
7-8:30pm | 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month | Member homes
SPY will be making braille books again this Saturday April 2nd 10am-12pm.
Vacation Bible School
We are excited to announce there will be a Vacation Bible School program this summer from June 27- July 1. Watch for more details to come on registration and volunteering.
There is much to celebrate at RLA with the hiring of a new Development Director Don Swift, increased enrollment, staff expansion, and the exploration of a building expansion for more classrooms to put everyone! As with all growth, there are financial components and we were blessed with a very large generous anonomous donation to help expand the building and staffing needs as well as parking for all of our guests when we are hosting events. This gift will get us started for the 1st year of expansion and with the help of Don, we are looking to increase our community relationships and donations to sustain our growth. RLA has a diverse student population and our scholarship needs have increased over the past few years and we are looking for support among our congregations.
For more ways to support RLA please click on the link Ways to Support RLA
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of March 27, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $2943
Pastor’s Disc: $20
•Last Sunday, March 27: 113
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 208 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Jiffy Mix, Hamburger Helper, and Rice-A-Roni
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 23 books of II Chronicles in Unified English Braille.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 7 quilts for The Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your Announcement Electronically
Like Prayer Requests, Announcements can now be submitted electronically. Please visit https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains documents like: the most current Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to receive the password.
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better: splcm.org/worship.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor