To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Questioning the Confirmands + Sunday School: 9am
Resurrection Lutheran Fundraiser
Help support Resurrection Lutheran this Friday. Roundbelly’s Pizza Buss will be selling pizza and drinks.
When:This Friday, April 29
Where: 6840 Nimtz Parkway, South Bend
What: 10″ Oven Brick Pizza $12, Soda $1, Water $2, Tea $2
Contact: Lisa Schmidtgoessling: (574) 272-2200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our confirmands to celebrate the end of their confirmation journey–and the beginning of their lifelong journey as adult disciples!
This Sunday, May 1, 10:15am: Rite of Confirmation during Worship
Deaconess Graduation/Consecration and Gift: Amy Smessaert
We are excited to celebrate with Amy Smessaert the completion of her Diaconal Studies. She will receive her degree and consecration from the LDA as part of a Service of Thanksgiving here at St. Peter on Saturday, June 4th at 10:30am with a reception to follow. The Congregation is cordially invited!
In preparation and affirmation, we also want to collect a love offering of $500-1000 to gift Amy with a robe and other items she will need. If you would like to help, a donation box is in the Narthex. Checks to St. Peter, Memo: Deaconess gift.
Thanksgiving for Easter Party
We give thanks to God for 33 servant leaders and 96 kids who came out for the Easter Party! That is double the attendance from the last time we did this. As a side benefit, the Event also drove a lot of new traffic to our Facebook page, to get to know and “like” us better (see below). But as one St. Peter Leader remarked, perhaps the best part was seeing people really tune in to the story of Jesus and also “linger” just to enjoy community with each other and with us. (See more images here)
Join H.E.A.R.T.: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
Ushers – click here to be contacted by Head Usher Matt Rockwell
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
Doorkeepers – click here to be contacted by Coordinators Jackie and Sam Homann
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Spring 2022: Adult Bible Studies
SUNDAY MORNING Study – Nuts and Bolts: How Do I Understand the Bible?
9:00-9:50am | Fellowship Hall
FRIDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Revelation: the Lamb of God”
Food: 6:30pm, Study: 7-8:30pm | 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month | Fellowship Hall
SATURDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Matthew’s Gospel, Part 1”
7-8:30pm | 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month | Member homes
SPY will be making braille books again on Saturday May 7th.
Vacation Bible School
RLA VBS 2022 is coming to you this summer. Jerusalem Marketplace VBS will be hosted at RLA from June 27-July 1 from 9:30-11:30 each morning. This is a free program open to all RLA students, supporting churches, and invited friends. More details to come soon about the week’s activities.
Additional information and participant and volunteer registration can be found here: https://bit.ly/RLAvbs2022
Each family that registers no later than April 30 will receive a free music CD.
While we love running our program for free, it does take quite a bit of money to get things going. If you feel interested in supporting our program, there are many ways to do this.
-You can shop from our Amazon Wish List and have items sent directly to us:https://rb.gy/rn7wez
-You can pull a tag from a donation board that will be on display in your church starting this Sunday.
-You can “Adopt a Tribe” by donating $30 which will cover the price of supplies for tribe time activities for up to ten children for the whole week. We are looking for at least eight sponsors who will not only make a donation but will receive a list of the people in the tribe that you can then pray for prior to, during, and after the week of VBS. (Contact Krista if you are interested in this option.)
-You can drop an offering into your church plate marked for VBS.
Most importantly, we ask for your prayers as we continue the planning process. Pray for the children and families who plan to attend. Pray that God provides the volunteers and funds that we need. Pray for all the preparation that goes into this big event. Pray that all is done to God’s glory, so that He will be revealed to all who are a part of this program.
Contact Krista Hunt with questions at email@example.com or 574-339-5479.
There is much to celebrate at RLA with the hiring of a new Development Director Don Swift, increased enrollment, staff expansion, and the exploration of a building expansion for more classrooms to put everyone! As with all growth, there are financial components and we were blessed with a very large generous anonomous donation to help expand the building and staffing needs as well as parking for all of our guests when we are hosting events. This gift will get us started for the 1st year of expansion and with the help of Don, we are looking to increase our community relationships and donations to sustain our growth. RLA has a diverse student population and our scholarship needs have increased over the past few years and we are looking for support among our congregations.
For more ways to support RLA please click on the link Ways to Support RLA
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of April 24, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $17,255
•Last Sunday, April 24: 130
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 67lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Hamburger Helper and Jelly
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 31 books of Proverbs in Kiswahili Braille.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 8quilts for The Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your Announcement Electronically
Like Prayer Requests, Announcements can now be submitted electronically. Please visit https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains documents like: the most current Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to receive the password.
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better: splcm.org/worship.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor