To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Summer Worship (May 29-September 4) at 9:00 am
Sunday Education Hour is in Recess
KEY NEWS & ACTION ITEMS THIS WEEK
- VBS – If you took a donation slip and have not dropped off your item(s) yet, please make sure to get them in by June 19 at the latest.
- Coffee Hour/Hospitality needs your help. See info below.
- Vickie Hess is still looking for another Woman of St. Peter to attend the District LWML Convention and seek a grant for RLA. More info below.
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
Hannah’s House Project Update
We are moving into a finalized plan to install a deck, renovate landscaping, and hopefully fix a tree-and-fence problem. Stay tuned through the summer for announcement of Fall project dates.
LWML Convention and Grant
RLA submitted a grant request to LWML for $10,000 scholarship help. We made the cut–the proposal will be voted on at convention. Each congregation can send 2 members (and thus get 2 votes.) Vickie Hess plans to go but needs a second person who can be there at least for Saturday. The dates for this convention is June 17 to June 19 and will be held at Lutheran High School in Ft. Wayne.
If you are interested in going or need more information please contact:
Vickie Hess at: email@example.com
Join H.E.A.R.T.: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Women Of St. Peter- Seminary Student Update
Women Of St. Peter sponsored seminary student Ethan Luft this past school year and he has been keeping them up to date on his life and school. Here are some highlights from his May letter.
Ethan said, the first year of seminary has gone by fast and that him and his wife Wren are finally solidifying good friendships. They have learned to really appreciate their time there and enjoy the people that God has put in their life. At Ethan’s RFE church he has taken over the youth bible study for the High Schoolers and it has been a lot of fun. He said he recently has come to understand how important it is for us as a church to make sure we are keeping children engaged in their faith, form baptism until college and beyond. One of the professors and a professor from a nearby Catholic seminary gave a presentation on “The Influence of the Early Church Fathers on Modern Theology.” The point of the event was to encourage more interaction in the future between the two seminaries so when they go out into their ministries they could continue to work together and encourage each other in their ministries. Ethen said he and his wife could not thank us enough for supporting them during their first year of Seminary.
Spring 2022: Adult Bible Studies
FRIDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Revelation: the Lamb of God”
Food: 6:30pm, Study: 7-8:30pm | 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month | Fellowship Hall
SATURDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Matthew’s Gospel, Part 1”
7-8:30pm | 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month | Member homes
Vacation Bible School – UPDATE
RLA VBS starts on June 27, and we are in high gear getting ready. We have 49 participants signed up! All people who signed up to volunteer have been contacted. We ask that you continue to pray for our program and everyone involved. If you took a donation slip and have not dropped off your item(s) yet, please make sure to get them in by June 19 at the latest. If you realize that you are not able to get something you planned, please reach out to us to let us know. At this point, the only thing we might still need are to borrow a pop-up canopy or two. If you have one available for that week, please let Krista Hunt know. Many thanks to all of you who have supported us in some way already. We appreciate you!
Contact Krista Hunt with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-339-5479.
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of June 5, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $6,004.28
Deaconess Gift $875
•Last Sunday, June 5: 93
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 385 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Jelly, Jello and Cereal
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 33 books of Proverbs in Kiswahili.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team is done for the spring and summer. They will continue their work for The Lutheran World Relief on Tuesday September 13th.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Summer Office Hours:
Summer Sunday Schedule (May 29-Sept 4)
- Divine Worship: 9:00 am
- Sunday Education Hour in Summer Recess
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor