Adult Bible Study Materials
Materials for all Adult Bible Studies may be downloaded by clicking here. We take our first dip into the political this week, including the question Pastor raised last week regarding the shift made by democracy to our understanding of the political and our role in it. On this page, you can also view the Zoom recordings of each week’s lesson. Copies of the Praying from Scripture Worksheet are also available on the slat wall.
Education Hour from 9 – 9:50 am.
Our Fall Sunday Adult Study is The Theology of Communication and Politics. In-person or Zoom: for Zoom, use the Sunday Morning Bible Study link from the Zoom page.
Youth and Kids Sunday School, except for toddlers, is meeting in-person. If you cannot make it but want materials, email Krista Hunt at email@example.com.
Worship Options for Sunday at 10:15 am.
Zoom Communion THIS Sunday, 10/25 at Noon after Worship – email PC to attend.
Communion is offered 3 ways by St Peter at this time.
- In-person, Sunday morning.
- By appointment at church or at home. Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at email@example.com.
SPY + BRAILLE!
One Saturday a month, SPY is going to build braille Bibles. That starts THIS SATURDAY from 10-noon. Signup Genius can be found HERE.
September Church Financials available now HERE under the Members Login tab.
CHEESEBALLS! – by order only
Women of St Peter will be making cheeseballs this year *BY ORDER ONLY. Deadline to turn in orders is Nov. 1. Cost is $7 per 1 lb. cheeseball and should be paid upon ordering. Cheeseballs will be available for pick up on Sunday, Nov. 15.
To order, you can fill out an order form in the narthex and return it along with payment to the bucket -OR- print the order form below and mail it into the office including your payment.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We will need cheese mixers on Nov. 10 and also weighers and wrappers on Nov. 12. All volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves the entire time. Any questions please contact Paula at 574-850-1681 or Jill at 574-286-4371.
Join Melinda Claucherty in Sending Care to Cancer Victims
Melinda Claucherty and her Mary Kay unit will be delivering “Chemo Care Packages” to cancer patients in honor of breast cancer awareness month! The packages include a fragrance free shea hand soap and hand cream plus a hand written note for the patients. They are doing a “buy one, give one” so you get a set for yourself, and then we donate one in your honor. Or, you can donate both! The goal is to donate 100 sets, and they only have 30 left to go!! Melinda does not profit from this; it is just to spread some extra smiles! Cost is $25 dollars for two packs (one for you, or donate both). Call, text, or email her if you are interested in one (or more) or know someone who might be. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text (248) 930-8842.
CROP Walk – Thank You for Supporting Us!
Last Sunday a group of St. Peter members came together for our CROP Hunger Walk. This was the capstone event of our efforts to raise funds for the St. Joseph County CROP team and Church World Service (CWS). In total we had 18 walkers who enjoyed a beautiful afternoon at Battell Park in Mishawaka.
To date we have raised $540 with $270 coming from our Youth Group!!! Our donations will support CWS’s projects addressing hunger and food insecurity, lack of clean water, and other issues defining poverty in our community and across the globe. 25% of all the funds raised go to local organizations in St. Joseph County. This year’s support was especially critical due to challenges imposed by COVID-19, which has affected overall donation levels for CWS. Thank you all for making this project a success!
There is still time to donate!
If you would still like to make a donation, please do so by October 25.
Click here to donate online or give your check (made out to CWS/CROP) to Halrun Luppes.
MAC Food Pantry
We totaled 601# this week. They’d appreciate jello, pasta & hamburger helper. Thanks!
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
RLA – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- We need an office volunteer who can work M, W or F, on a fairly regular basis. Morning or afternoon would be great. This person will answers phone, hand out band-aids and those sorts of easy (fairly unskilled) tasks can be handled to free up our admin director to take on some projects without regular interruptions. J Since this person is there during the day, they would have to go through the background check.
- We also could use folks to help after the school day (3:45-5:00) to help sanitize classrooms. This is a huge burden for our teachers and any help we could give would be great. Kids are gone, so no background check is necessary to help with this. We are going to be setting up a sign-up genius for this.
- Finally, we could use a family or some folks to help on Friday, Oct. 30 with a Fall Festival: decorate a table and share treats with kids. Decorating will be from 1:30-2:00 and the fall festival will be from 2:00-3:00. This is in place of trunk or treat and is just for the RLA kids.
RLA Yard Signs for Sale!
Support our school by purchasing a RLA yard sign for just $12. We do have some on hand here at the church. See Brian Ruch to purchase.
THIS MONTH’S RLA PRAYERS
- God’s continued provision for the safety and health of staff, students and their families.
- For the two new students from India for their adjusting to life in the US as well as protection over the children as they navigate a new school and a new life here.
Ministry Coordinator’s Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.