REMEMBER TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK 1 HOUR SATURDAY NIGHT!
Adult Bible Study Materials
Materials for all Adult Bible Studies may be downloaded by clicking here. We take our first dip into the political this week, including the question Pastor raised last week regarding the shift made by democracy to our understanding of the political and our role in it. On this page, you can also view the Zoom recordings of each week’s lesson. Copies of the Praying from Scripture Worksheet are also available on the slat wall.
Education Hour from 9 – 9:50 am.
Our Fall Sunday Adult Study is The Theology of Communication and Politics. In-person or Zoom: for Zoom, use the Sunday Morning Bible Study link from the Zoom page.
Youth and Kids Sunday School, except for toddlers, is meeting in-person. If you cannot make it but want materials, email Krista Hunt at email@example.com.
Worship Options for Sunday at 10:15 am.
Communion is offered 3 ways by St Peter at this time.
- In-person, Sunday morning.
- By appointment at church or at home. Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at email@example.com.
WORSHIP FOLDER – FOLDING HELP NEEDED
Worship Folder folding teams of 2 people each are needed to fold and staple Worship Folders once a month. The Worship Folders are ready to fold on Friday mornings by 10 am (and are often ready on Thursday Afternoons).
Responsibilities: At least one person on each team must be willing to: (1) Use a church key to enter the building and (2) Learn to operate the Alarm. Folding and stapling training will be provided.
Contact: If you used to do this and would like to continue and/or if this is area of service you are interested in please contact Jenna Tretheway at the church. firstname.lastname@example.org
SPY + BRAILLE!
One Saturday a month, SPY is going to build braille Bibles. The next opportunity is Saturday, November 7 from 10-NOON. Signup Genius can be found HERE.
Cheeseballs – DEADLINE THIS SUNDAY! – by order only
Women of St Peter will be making cheeseballs this year *BY ORDER ONLY. Deadline to turn in orders is Nov. 1. Cost is $7 per 1 lb. cheeseball and should be paid upon ordering. Cheeseballs will be available for pick up on Sunday, Nov. 15.
To order, you can fill out an order form in the narthex and return it along with payment to the bucket -OR- print the order form below and mail it into the office including your payment.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We will need cheese mixers on Nov. 10 and also weighers and wrappers on Nov. 12. All volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves the entire time. Any questions please contact Paula at 574-850-1681 or Jill at 574-286-4371.
Join Melinda Claucherty in Sending Care to Cancer Victims
Melinda Claucherty and her Mary Kay unit will be delivering “Chemo Care Packages” to cancer patients in honor of breast cancer awareness month! The packages include a fragrance free shea hand soap and hand cream plus a hand written note for the patients. They are doing a “buy one, give one” so you get a set for yourself, and then we donate one in your honor. Or, you can donate both! The goal is to donate 100 sets, and they only have 30 left to go!! Melinda does not profit from this; it is just to spread some extra smiles! Cost is $25 dollars for two packs (one for you, or donate both). Call, text, or email her if you are interested in one (or more) or know someone who might be. Contact information: email@example.com, or call/text (248) 930-8842.
MAC Food Pantry
We totaled 592# this week. They’d appreciate jelly, kids’ gloves, mixed veg & peas (no corn). Thanks!
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RLA – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- We need an office volunteer who can work M, W or F, on a fairly regular basis. Morning or afternoon would be great. This person will answers phone, hand out band-aids and those sorts of easy (fairly unskilled) tasks can be handled to free up our admin director to take on some projects without regular interruptions. J Since this person is there during the day, they would have to go through the background check.
- We also could use folks to help after the school day (3:45-5:00) to help sanitize classrooms. This is a huge burden for our teachers and any help we could give would be great. Kids are gone, so no background check is necessary to help with this. We are going to be setting up a sign-up genius for this.
- Finally, we could use a family or some folks to help on Friday, Oct. 30 with a Fall Festival: decorate a table and share treats with kids. Decorating will be from 1:30-2:00 and the fall festival will be from 2:00-3:00. This is in place of trunk or treat and is just for the RLA kids.
RLA Yard Signs for Sale!
Support our school by purchasing a RLA yard sign for just $12. We do have some on hand here at the church. See Brian Ruch to purchase.
THIS MONTH’S RLA PRAYERS
- God’s continued provision for the safety and health of staff, students and their families.
- For the two new students from India for their adjusting to life in the US as well as protection over the children as they navigate a new school and a new life here.
Ministry Coordinator’s Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at email@example.com.