Education Hour from 9 – 9:50 am.
Our Fall Sunday Adult Study is The Theology of Communication and Politics. In-person or Zoom: for Zoom, use the Sunday Morning Bible Study link from the Zoom page. Materials for all Adult Bible Studies may be downloaded by clicking here. New handout for this week: click here for this week’s handout.
Youth and Kids Sunday School, except for toddlers, is meeting in-person. If you cannot make it but want materials, email Krista Hunt at email@example.com.
Worship Options for Sunday at 10:15 am.
Communion is offered 3 ways by St Peter at this time.
- In-person, Sunday morning.
- By appointment at church or at home. Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at email@example.com.
COVID numbers are up and local hospital capacity is near its limits; the governor also has backed us down a stage and pleads for everyone to follow safety protocols closely. In order to care for the Body and our neighbors, and to keep in-person worship going, we ask you to observe and tighten our core protocols in worship as follows:
- Continue to practice good hand-washing / hand-sanitizing
- Everyone should be wearing masks when moving around in the church building
- Ensure social distancing
- One person sitting directly behind another in the pews is only about 3-4 feet of distance, so please do not sit directly behind someone. Instead, sit “zigzag” so there are 6 feet or more between you diagonally.
- Also feel free to move to open spaces if you realize you’re sitting too close
- Follow the standards set by our health departments for all public venues: If you or a member of your household is sick with a possible COVID symptom, please stay home for 10 days from onset or until you have a negative test. If you have known exposure to someone COVID-positive (contact traced) but no symptoms, quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.
Thanks to all, and may the Lord quickly bring a vaccine and end to all this mess!
VOTER’S ASSEMBLY NOV. 22 AFTER WORSHIP
Our annual Voter’s Assembly is open to all members of St. Peter. The minutes from the last Voter’s Assembly as well as the unapproved 2021 Kingdom Spending Plan have both been added to our website under the protected Members Login tab.
WORSHIP FOLDER – FOLDING HELP NEEDED
Worship Folder folding teams of 2 people each are needed to fold and staple Worship Folders once a month. The Worship Folders are ready to fold on Friday mornings by 10 am (and are often ready on Thursday Afternoons).
Responsibilities: At least one person on each team must be willing to: (1) Use a church key to enter the building and (2) Learn to operate the Alarm. Folding and stapling training will be provided.
Contact: If you used to do this and would like to continue and/or if this is area of service you are interested in please contact Jenna Trethewey at the church. firstname.lastname@example.org
CHEESEBALL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We will need cheese mixers on Nov. 17 and also weighers and wrappers on Nov. 18. All volunteers will need to wear masks and gloves the entire time. Any questions please contact Paula at 574-850-1681 or Jill at 574-286-4371
MAC FOOD PANTRY
This week we collected 532# plus more from our little cub scout’s collection!! Thank you, Matthew Pierce! This week the pantry is in need of canned vegetables especially peas, mixed veg and carrots.
SPY MOVIE NIGHT
Saturday, 11/14 6-9pm at St Peter. Pizza and lemonade provided. Please RSVP by noon Saturday here.
Rsvp for Advent by Candlelight to Jenna at email@example.com
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RLA – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- We need an office volunteer who can work M, W or F, on a fairly regular basis. Morning or afternoon would be great. This person will answers phone, hand out band-aids and those sorts of easy (fairly unskilled) tasks can be handled to free up our admin director to take on some projects without regular interruptions. J Since this person is there during the day, they would have to go through the background check.
- We also could use folks to help after the school day (3:45-5:00) to help sanitize classrooms. This is a huge burden for our teachers and any help we could give would be great. Kids are gone, so no background check is necessary to help with this. We are going to be setting up a sign-up genius for this.
- Finally, we could use a family or some folks to help on Friday, Oct. 30 with a Fall Festival: decorate a table and share treats with kids. Decorating will be from 1:30-2:00 and the fall festival will be from 2:00-3:00. This is in place of trunk or treat and is just for the RLA kids.
RLA Yard Signs for Sale!
Support our school by purchasing a RLA yard sign for just $12. We do have some on hand here at the church. See Brian Ruch to purchase.
THIS MONTH’S RLA PRAYERS
- God’s continued provision for the safety and health of staff, students and their families.
- For the two new students from India for their adjusting to life in the US as well as protection over the children as they navigate a new school and a new life here.
Ministry Coordinator’s Regular Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. However, her schedule will be more of a “flex schedule” through, at least, the end of the year due to some unforeseen circumstances. Prayers for her and her family are appreciated. Thank you for your patience during such a weird, crazy time in our lives.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at email@example.com.