Education Hour from 9 – 9:50 am – Adult Class only.
Our current Sunday Adult Study is The Theology of Communication and Politics. In-person or Zoom: for Zoom, go to the Zoom page and use the Sunday Morning Bible Study link. Check the Adult Studies page on Saturday for a new handout for this Sunday.
NOTE: there will be NO ADULT BIBLE STUDY on Dec 26 or Jan 3. Resumes Jan 10.
Worship Options and Folder for Sunday at 10:15 am
Holiday Office Closures: The church office will be closed from Friday, Dec 18th – Monday, January 4th. The office will reopen on Tuesday, January 5th at 9am.
Updated Worship Guidelines
Dear St. Peter Congregation,
Over the past three weeks the MLT and Elders have each met separately and then jointly this past Monday to consider widening protocols for our worship life together. As we have seen the rise of COVID in our community and the recommendations of our public health officials, we came to a consensus that beginning on Sunday, December 13, the Third Sunday of Advent the masking policy for St. Peter will shift to wearing masks throughout the entire worship gathering including when seated. Pastors and lectors (while in the chancel area), organists (while playing instruments), and the choir (while offering their gift of song) may unmask at those times. Children five and under are not required to wear a mask. We will continue to review this and all of our policies as conditions change.
We would like to thank the congregation in advance for their cooperation in adopting this extended protocol. We would also like to thank the congregation for their continued support and encouragement of the leadership as we wade through these difficult decisions.
Peace in Christ,
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior PastorPastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
- Continue to practice good hand-washing / hand-sanitizing
- Ensure social distancing
- One person sitting directly behind another in the pews is only about 3-4 feet of distance, so please do not sit directly behind someone. Instead, sit “zigzag” so there are 6 feet or more between you diagonally.
- Also feel free to move to open spaces if you realize you’re sitting too close
- Follow the standards set by our health departments for all public venues: If you or a member of your household is sick with a possible COVID symptom, please stay home for 10 days from onset or until you have a negative test. If you have known exposure to someone COVID-positive (contact traced) but no symptoms, quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.
2021 Giving Envelopes are now available for pick up in the Narthex.
Portals of Prayer Jan-Mar 2021 are now available in the Narthex. Email Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy mailed to you.
Communion is offered 3 ways by St Peter at this time.
- In-person, Sunday morning.
- By appointment at church or at home. Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORSHIP FOLDERS NEEDED
Worship folder teams of 2 people each are needed to fold and staple Worship Folders once a month. The Worship Folders are ready to fold on Friday mornings by 10 am (and are often ready on Thursday Afternoons).
Responsibilities: At least one person on each team must be willing to: (1) Use a church key to enter the building and (2) Learn to operate the Alarm. Folding and stapling training will be provided.
Contact: If you used to do this and would like to continue and/or if this is area of service you are interested in please contact Jenna Trethewey at the church. email@example.com
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ministry Coordinator’s Regular Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. However, her schedule will be more of a “flex schedule” through, at least, the end of the year due to some unforeseen circumstances. Prayers for her and her family are appreciated. Thank you for your patience during such a weird, crazy time in our lives.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at email@example.com.