Education Hour from 9 – 9:50 am – Adult Class only.
Worship Sunday at 10:15 am
Really Short Voter’s Assembly: Sun, Jan 31 after Worship
Due to COVID issues, the LCMS leadership is proposing to postpone our national convention from 2022 to 2023, so that the Districts can have their conventions in 2022 instead of this summer as scheduled. Everyone across Synod is basically in favor, but to be faithful to our Constitution and covenant with each other, the individual congregations of the LCMS need to approve the move.
To that end, your MLT and pastors are calling a really short Voter’s Assembly immediately after worship on Sunday, 1/31 for a simple “Yes” or “No” vote. You can register your vote in-person or by clicking here on 1/31 after worship to join the Zoom. If you have any questions, please send them to PC by email BEFORE the short assembly, so we can proceed quickly on 1/31.
Here is the formal question on which we will vote (sent to all congregations): Shall the Synod add a year to the current 2019–2022 triennium, allowing districts to hold their conventions in either 2021 or 2022, and moving the upcoming national Synod Convention from 2022 to 2023? [Thereafter, the triennium cycle will continue forward from 2023 in three-year increments, as before (i.e., with district conventions held in 2025, 2028, etc., and Synod Conventions held in 2026, 2029, etc.).] Vote: Yes or No.
College Care Packages for February
We are now collecting munchies for our college care packages. We cannot accept liquids but would like granola, breakfast bars, gum and cookies; as well as, any other treat you think they would enjoy! We have about 17-18 students and appreciate any donation you are able to give. Please bring donation BY JAN 31. *NOTE: if you have a college student, please update Jenna in the office with their current address via email at email@example.com.
MAC Food Pantry
We donated 803# this week to the MAC Food Pantry. They are in need of Jello, tuna, fruit cocktail and mixed veg. Please no corn or beans because they have plenty.
Juice & Canvas with SPY
Updated Worship Guidelines
Dear St. Peter Congregation,
Over the past three weeks the MLT and Elders have each met separately and then jointly this past Monday to consider widening protocols for our worship life together. As we have seen the rise of COVID in our community and the recommendations of our public health officials, we came to a consensus that beginning on Sunday, December 13, the Third Sunday of Advent the masking policy for St. Peter will shift to wearing masks throughout the entire worship gathering including when seated. Pastors and lectors (while in the chancel area), organists (while playing instruments), and the choir (while offering their gift of song) may unmask at those times. Children five and under are not required to wear a mask. We will continue to review this and all of our policies as conditions change.
We would like to thank the congregation in advance for their cooperation in adopting this extended protocol. We would also like to thank the congregation for their continued support and encouragement of the leadership as we wade through these difficult decisions.
Peace in Christ,
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior PastorPastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
- Continue to practice good hand-washing / hand-sanitizing
- Ensure social distancing
- One person sitting directly behind another in the pews is only about 3-4 feet of distance, so please do not sit directly behind someone. Instead, sit “zigzag” so there are 6 feet or more between you diagonally.
- Also feel free to move to open spaces if you realize you’re sitting too close
- Follow the standards set by our health departments for all public venues: If you or a member of your household is sick with a possible COVID symptom, please stay home for 10 days from onset or until you have a negative test. If you have known exposure to someone COVID-positive (contact traced) but no symptoms, quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.
2021 Giving Envelopes are now available for pick up in the Narthex.
Portals of Prayer Jan-Mar 2021 are now available in the Narthex. Email Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy mailed to you.
Communion is offered 3 ways by St Peter at this time.
- In-person, Sunday morning.
- By appointment at church or at home. Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORSHIP FOLDERS NEEDED
Worship folder teams of 2 people each are needed to fold and staple Worship Folders once a month. The Worship Folders are ready to fold on Friday mornings by 10 am (and are often ready on Thursday Afternoons).
Responsibilities: At least one person on each team must be willing to: (1) Use a church key to enter the building and (2) Learn to operate the Alarm. Folding and stapling training will be provided.
Contact: If you used to do this and would like to continue and/or if this is area of service you are interested in please contact Jenna Trethewey at the church. email@example.com
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ministry Coordinator’s Regular Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. However, her schedule will be more of a “flex schedule” for now due to some unforeseen circumstances. Prayers for her and her family are appreciated. Thank you for your patience during such a weird, crazy time in our lives.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at email@example.com.