Education Hour from 9 – 9:50 am – Adult Class only.
Worship Sunday at 10:15 am
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days are Wednesdays or Thursdays). Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Appointment at your home. Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lenten Devotions for Families Available on Sunday, February 7
Lenten Devotions for Youth Available Sunday, February 7 also.
Throughout Lent, children will read verses from Matthew’s gospel and place a sticker on the easy-to-assemble cross centerpiece. The daily devotions in this sticker booklet will remind children and families that we are not alone as we gather around the cross at Lent. Each day they will gather in Jesus’ name to learn about his act of saving love.
Lenten Devotions for SPY Available Sunday, February 7 too.
Drawing teens into reflection on Christ’s death and resurrection, this daily devotional for Lent also challenges them to find new and creative ways to spread the good news of the resurrection through words, images and actions. The 47 observational reflections in this booklet for young adults take a tip from the popular photo-sharing app in guiding the way through the sights, sounds and sensations of the holy season.
RLA Day of Giving Results
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Greetings and peace to you from God our Father. It is with great joy that the school board writes to share that we raised over $11,000 in response to the day of giving, thanks to all your generous hearts. We are so excited for the continuing opportunities that we have at the school to share Jesus with our students. Our teachers and staff have a challenging job this year teaching both in the classroom and through e-learning to kids who can’t attend in person. These giving day gifts will be used to help offset the costs this year has presented and toward the other needs that the school has, allowing for greater implementation of a Christ-centered education in a safe environment.
We rejoice in all of you as you join us in this ministry, walking with our teachers, staff, and the board, to help provide this nurturing environment where the students can grow by the cross. On behalf of all of us,
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers, for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Phil. 1:3-6.
Peace and goodwill in this season of epiphany light,
Jackie Homann and Lisa Schmidtgoessling
President and Executive Director
Michiana Lutheran Education Association
A Special Thank You from the Indiana District LCMS for Continued Support of the Church’s Mission
The Indiana District LCMS gives “thanks and praise to God for all of our Indiana District congregations and appreciate the commitment shown by all of those, especially to the St. Peter, Mishawaka congregation, who have faithfully supported the work of the Indiana District LCMS and the various local and national agencies and Recognized Service Organizations during 2020. We know the Covid-19 pandemic brought with it great uncertainty but the continued congregational commitment and response through such trials is worthy of commendation.” Our congregational support for the 2020 calendar year was $10, 550. Blessed be God for His daily bread and our partnership in the gospel.
SPY GAME DAY
SPY, Stay after worship Sunday, until 3 PM for Game Day! Bring a deck of cards, if you have them.
LAST SUNDAY! to bring College Care Packages Goodies
We are now collecting munchies for our college care packages. We cannot accept liquids but would like granola, breakfast bars, gum and cookies; as well as, any other treat you think they would enjoy! We have about 17 students and appreciate any donation you are able to give. Please bring donation BY THIS SUNDAY 1/31!
NEW DIRECTORY & the November & December 2020 Financials have been uploaded to the website, under the MEMBERS ONLY tab.
MAC Food Pantry
We donated 727# this week to the MAC Food Pantry. They are in need of fruit cocktail and mixed veg, peas and carrots. Please no corn or beans because they have plenty.
Current COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Wear masks throughout the entire worship gathering including when seated.
- Children 5 and under are not required to wear a mask.
- Pastors and Lectors (while in the chancel area), Organists (while playing instruments), and the Choir (while offering their gift of song) may unmask at those times.
- Other COVID Guidelines:
- Continue to practice good hand-washing / hand-sanitizing
- Ensure social distancing
- Sit “zigzag” in pews so there are 6 feet or more between you diagonally.
- Move to open spaces if you realize you’re sitting too close
- Follow guidance by health departments for all public venues: If you or a member of your household is sick with a possible COVID symptom, please stay home for 10 days from onset or until you have a negative test. If you have known exposure to someone COVID-positive (contact traced) but no symptoms, quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.
Thank You the congregation in advance for their cooperation in adopting this extended protocol. We would also like to thank the congregation for their continued support and encouragement of the leadership as we wade through these difficult decisions.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior PastorPastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
2021 Giving Envelopes are now available for pick up in the Narthex.
Portals of Prayer Jan-Mar 2021 are now available in the Narthex. Email Jenna at email@example.com if you would like a copy mailed to you.
WORSHIP FOLDERS NEEDED
Worship folder teams of 2 people each are needed to fold and staple Worship Folders once a month. The Worship Folders are ready to fold on Friday mornings by 10 am (and are often ready on Thursday Afternoons).
Responsibilities: At least one person on each team must be willing to: (1) Use a church key to enter the building and (2) Learn to operate the Alarm. Folding and stapling training will be provided.
Contact: If you used to do this and would like to continue and/or if this is area of service you are interested in please contact Jenna Trethewey at the church. firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Ministry Coordinator’s Regular Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. However, her schedule will be more of a “flex schedule” for now due to some unforeseen circumstances. Prayers for her and her family are appreciated. Thank you for your patience during such a weird, crazy time in our lives.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.