Education Hour for ALL AGES 9 – 9:50 am
Adult Study: “A Journey through Lent” (Six Weeks) – We will be drawing on our Lenten devotional, Places of the Passion, as well as the themes from our Wednesday evening services and more. Your participation will be richer if you participate in these opportunities, but feel free to jump in any time and come even if you weren’t able to read or attend on a Wednesday. Everyone will be able to connect and participate. (Click here to connect by Zoom – AND, if connecting by Zoom, click here to download handout for March 7)
Worship Sunday at 10:15 am
Fellowship and Hospitality after Church but with CHANGE from Last Week
Light refreshments will be served after worship in the Fellowship Hall. BUT NOTE: despite the best intentions, Pastor Clark’s instructions last week to “spread out” led to unmasked folks in each area of the church and along the path to the main exit. Oops. This week, please keep food and drink in the Fellowship Hall or outside (forecast: sunny!) and mask in other parts of the church. Hopefully, this will allow those who are comfortable snacking to do so and those who want to fellowship but with masks to do that, as well as have a path to the door. Thanks for your patience as we figure things out and care for each other.
Special Lenten Prayer Requests…
…have been collected. Click here for the Prayer Sheet. We encourage you to take this opportunity to reflect on where others in the Body are at and to join Christ in interceding for one another.
Submitting Regular Prayer Requests
We would like to ensure that both pastors get all prayer requests and that they also get to the pastor who ends up doing prayers on any given Sunday. To help, please email your requests to PB, PC, & Jenna (all three): email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
These emails will be listed at the top of the prayer sheet posted each week, going forward.
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days are Wednesdays or Thursdays). Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Appointment at your home. Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Week Lenten Services
EASTER FLOWER DONATIONS
The Altar Guild will order flowers to decorate our church for Easter worship on April 4. Please place your donation in the clear box on the table in the back of the church.
Donations will be accepted through March 21. Please make checks payable to: Women of St. Peter
MAC Food Pantry
We delivered 341 lbs this week! They are in need of jello, peas & carrots.
Current COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Wear masks throughout the entire worship gathering including when seated.
- Children 5 and under are not required to wear a mask.
- Pastors and Lectors (while in the chancel area), Organists (while playing instruments), and the Choir (while offering their gift of song) may unmask at those times.
- Other COVID Guidelines:
- Continue to practice good hand-washing / hand-sanitizing
- Ensure social distancing
- Sit “zigzag” in pews so there are 6 feet or more between you diagonally.
- Move to open spaces if you realize you’re sitting too close
- Follow guidance by health departments for all public venues: If you or a member of your household is sick with a possible COVID symptom, please stay home for 10 days from onset or until you have a negative test. If you have known exposure to someone COVID-positive (contact traced) but no symptoms, quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.
Thank You the congregation in advance for their cooperation in adopting this extended protocol. We would also like to thank the congregation for their continued support and encouragement of the leadership as we wade through these difficult decisions.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior PastorPastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Ministry Coordinator’s Regular Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. However, her schedule will be more of a “flex schedule” for now due to some unforeseen circumstances. Prayers for her and her family are appreciated. Thank you for your patience during such a weird, crazy time in our lives.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.