Sunday Education Hour 9-9:50 AM:
Sunday Worship at 10:15 AM
Vacation Bible School: June 14-18, 9:30-11:30am at RLA
This year our program will be open only to families of RLA and our supporting churches. Children ages 4 through 6th grade are welcome to attend. Parents are also invited to participate for a family experience and/or can volunteer to lead a “tribe” through the wilderness. Any parent who volunteers is able to bring along a younger child. We also love youth (grades 7-12) and adults without children volunteers too!
Pre-registration is required. Registration is open now at https://bit.ly/RLAVBS2021 . Sign up and reserve your spot today! Registration closes June 1.
The majority of our program will be run OUTSIDE with lots of room to spread out and have fresh air. We will also be sure to follow all local guidelines in place at the time of the event.
Fellowship and Hospitality after Church
Light refreshments will be served after worship in the Fellowship Hall. Please keep food and drink in the Fellowship Hall or outside and mask in other parts of the church. This allows those who are comfortable to snack but those who want to fellowship with masks do that, and have a path to the door. Thank you for your care for each other.
Submitting Regular Prayer Requests
We would like to ensure that both pastors get all prayer requests and that they also get to the pastor who ends up doing prayers on any given Sunday. To help, please email your requests to PB, PC, & Jenna (all three): email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. These emails are also listed at the top of the weekly prayer sheet.
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days are Wednesdays or Thursdays). Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Appointment at your home. Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com.
- Zoom Communion, approximately once a month. Contact Pastor Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAC Food Pantry
241# to MAC this week. We’re still looking for jelly and pancake mix.
MAC can also use monetary donations to buy perishables such as meat and bread as needed. Donations can be made through the church in your regular envelopes or just drop a check in the offering plate with the memo MAC and we’ll get it to them. Thank you for your continued faithfulness in helping those in our community who are in need!
The pantry is suspending all income and residency requirements during the pandemic and they welcome anyone who needs groceries. They are open Tuesday evenings from 6-7:30pm and Fridays from 10am – noon. Please let everyone know that they are welcome to come during those times for free groceries.
Current COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Wear masks throughout the entire worship gathering including when seated.
- Children 5 and under are not required to wear a mask.
- Pastors and Lectors (while in the chancel area), Organists (while playing instruments), and the Choir (while offering their gift of song) may unmask at those times.
- Masks can be lowered to receive communion and also in Fellowship Hall while eating snacks after worship.
- Other COVID Guidelines:
- Continue to practice good hand-washing / hand-sanitizing
- Ensure social distancing
- Sit “zigzag” in pews so there are 6 feet or more between you diagonally.
- Move to open spaces if you realize you’re sitting too close
- Follow guidance by health departments for all public venues: If you or a member of your household is sick with a possible COVID symptom, please stay home for 10 days from onset or until you have a negative test. If you have known exposure to someone COVID-positive (contact traced) but no symptoms, quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.
Thank You the congregation in advance for their cooperation in adopting this extended protocol. We would also like to thank the congregation for their continued support and encouragement of the leadership as we wade through these difficult decisions.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior PastorPastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Ministry Coordinator’s Regular Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. However, her schedule will be more of a “flex schedule” for now due to some unforeseen circumstances. Prayers for her and her family are appreciated. Thank you for your patience during such a weird, crazy time in our lives.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.