Sunday Education Hour 9-9:50 AM:
Adults: Journey to Pentecost-The Holy Spirit. Handouts: Adult Studies. Access Zoom here.
*Kids: Last Sunday School this week and then Summer Break. If the weather cooperates, the kids will be going outside. Dress accordingly.
Sunday Worship at 10:15 AM
RLA ONLINE AUCTION – Now through Monday ONLY!
Resurrection Lutheran Academy, (RLA) is having an online auction from May 17-24th. You can bid on items such as Creation Museum passes, in home wine sampling, and gift certificates. The auction will close at 8:00 pm on Monday the 24th. Thank you for your support! To bid & purchase go to: https://givegrove.com/rla2021/
MEAL TRAIN for the Fisette Family
Jarmana’s dad, who passed away Sunday, went into the hospital last Wednesday. Keith was having shoulder surgery the same day and is now laid up for at least 6 weeks. Therefore, we would like to offer a meal train to support the Fisettes (Keith, Jarmana, Grace , Keith Anthony , and Samuel [2 months]) in this time of grief and recovery. Please sign up using the following link: https://mealtrain.com/m6l3y6
END OF SCHOOL OUTDOOR ICE CREAM SOCIAL OUTREACH – *New Need*
As it turns out, PC may be going into surgery in the next week and unable to participate. Paula Ryan has stepped up to “captain” the public school days (May 25 and June 2) and Christy Muhlenkamp, RLA Day on May 28. *Primary remaining need: 2-3 people for Elm Road on June 2 to prep, serve, and clean up ice cream from 1:45-3:45pm.* Secondary need: jump in to help with chairs at 1pm at the church on either May 25 or June 2. If you can help in either way, please email PC ASAP at email@example.com.
NEW COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior PastorPastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Vacation Bible School: June 14-18, 9:30-11:30am at RLA
This year our program will be open only to families of RLA and our supporting churches. Children ages 4 through 6th grade are welcome to attend. Parents are also invited to participate for a family experience and/or can volunteer to lead a “tribe” through the wilderness. Any parent who volunteers is able to bring along a younger child. We also love youth (grades 7-12) and adults without children volunteers too!
Pre-registration is required. Registration is open now at https://bit.ly/RLAVBS2021 . Sign up and reserve your spot today! Registration closes June 1.
The majority of our program will be run OUTSIDE with lots of room to spread out and have fresh air. We will also be sure to follow all local guidelines in place at the time of the event.
Ministry Coordinator News: Jenna’s Last Day is June 3rd
Just in case you didn’t see the other announcement, Jenna is prayerfully but tearfully leaving SPLC to expand her other business ventures. We give thanks for everything Jenna has brought to ministry at St. Peter over the last three years and wish her all the best in her new adventure. You can read her letter at this link.
A NOTE FROM MLEA PRESIDENT
We are so grateful for each of your congregations continued support for this important ministry as we fulfill the great commission to go and make disciples and as we train children in the way that they should go. Peace to you, Jackie Homann
Submitting Regular Prayer Requests
We would like to ensure that both pastors get all prayer requests and that they also get to the pastor who ends up doing prayers on any given Sunday. To help, please email your requests to PB, PC, & Jenna (all three): firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. These emails are also listed at the top of the weekly prayer sheet.
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days are Wednesdays or Thursdays). Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com
- By Appointment at your home. Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAC Food Pantry
227# to MAC this week. They are in need of saltine crackers and Jiffy mix.
MAC can also use monetary donations to buy perishables such as meat and bread as needed. Donations can be made through the church in your regular envelopes or just drop a check in the offering plate with the memo MAC and we’ll get it to them. Thank you for your continued faithfulness in helping those in our community who are in need!
The pantry is suspending all income and residency requirements during the pandemic and they welcome anyone who needs groceries. They are open Tuesday evenings from 6-7:30pm and Fridays from 10am – noon. Please let everyone know that they are welcome to come during those times for free groceries.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Ministry Coordinator’s Regular Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. However, her schedule will be more of a “flex schedule” for now due to some unforeseen circumstances. Prayers for her and her family are appreciated. Thank you for your patience during such a weird, crazy time in our lives.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.