Summer Sunday Schedule
(No Education Hour)
Survey: Community Table this Fall?
As our Fall kick-off approaches, we would like to survey interest in restarting Community Table. In the past, at Community Table, members took turns providing a meal each Tuesday at 6 or 6:15pm, followed by bible study opportunities for confirmands, youth, and adults, plus childcare and activities for kids under confirmation age (6:45-8pm). In the first place, we are interested to know what kind of study would draw the most adults: a book of the Bible, one practical or theological topic, or a social issue? Note, however, that we will only be able to do Community Table if there is sufficient commitment to preparing meals and/or providing childcare (if that is needed). So as you fill out the survey, please strongly consider if you can help with meals and/or childcare in rotation. We’d love to have a group to build community and grow in faith together!
Click this link for the survey. Please submit by: Sunday, August 8.
MAC Food Pantry
MAC would like mixed veg, canned meat or stew.
The pantry is suspending all income and residency requirements during the pandemic to welcome anyone who needs groceries. They are open Tuesday evenings from 6-7:30pm and Fridays from 10am – noon.
Parent Cafe: St. Joseph County Cares – Self-Care + Outreach
Saint Joe County Cares Consortium was our partner for the Meijer gift card give away and ice cream socials. They are offering a free Parent Cafe with conversation, childcare, gift cards, and other encouragements (see below). Sign up required, sjccares.org/event. This would be a great OUTREACH opportunity to build friendships with neighbors you might not otherwise meet.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Submitting Regular Prayer Requests
To ensure that your prayer requests get through, please email your requests to PB, PC, & the Ministry Coordinator: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. These emails are also listed at the top of the weekly prayer sheet.
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at email@example.com.