Summer Sunday Schedule
(No Education Hour)
Announcing Fall Sunday Adult Bible Study: Beauty, Building, and Re-Building
There can be no doubt that we are in a time of re-building as we continue to work through COVID and its fallout. That is true in our families and friendships, and for the fellowship that is the Body of Christ at St. Peter. Rebuilding can be a bummer; yet it can also be an opportunity to ask important questions, like: WHAT exactly is God calling us to build, and WHY? And: what should we re-build—but also, what might we let lie in favor of new opportunities? This fall in Sunday Adult Bible study, we will seek answers to these questions for our families, friendships, and the fellowship of St. Peter by exploring the themes of beauty and “building” in Scripture and Church History. What can we learn for our lives from Abraham’s altars, Israel’s Temple, and early Christian patterns of worship? What can we learn from the way Christians have approached architecture and the “places” where they lived, worked, worshipped and played? Each week we will explore one big idea in Scripture and church history and consider how it might speak to our families, friendships, and the fellowship. So each week will be self-contained (no worries if you miss a week!). Each week will also let us discuss our next steps in our life together at St. Peter and will give you much to think about and do in your life Monday-Saturday. Please join us, starting with a Prayer Walk on Rally Day (Sept 12)–stay tuned for details!
Community Book Discussion
Several members of St. Peter’s Race and Racism Ministry team will be attending by Zoom the following community book discussion hosted by St. Joe County Main Library. Click the link to register and join them, or follow up afterwards with Ninette or Vickie and ask them what they learned!
Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools by Monique W. Morris.
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Guest expert: Dr. Yvonne Murray-Larrier, Associate Professor & Department Chair in the Counseling & Human Services Department, Indiana University South Bend.
Register for the Zoom by clicking here.
New Ministry Coordinator started Tuesday, August 10th
ICYMI: St. Peter’s new Ministry Coordinator, Lataya Meyers, started this past Tuesday. Lataya comes to us with significant office, front desk, and PTO experience, among others. Please introduce yourself and welcome her as you see her around the office!
MAC Food Pantry
279# this week. MAC would like saltines, baked beans, syrup.
Also, do you or anyone you know have an old refrigerator/freezer that you would like to sell to MAC? They have an old one on its last legs and need to replace it. Please call Cindy M at 574-855-3504 and let me know!
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Submitting Regular Prayer Requests
To ensure that your prayer requests get through, please email your requests to PB, PC, & the Ministry Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. These emails are also listed at the top of the weekly prayer sheet.
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 9am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days are Wednesdays or Thursdays). Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com
- By Appointment at your home. Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.