Summer Sunday Schedule
(No Education Hour)
Save the Date, Sunday Sept 12th: Rally Day Kick-off and Potluck
9am: Education Hour will resume for Ages 3 to Adult
11:45am: Potluck – stay tuned for more!
Announcing Tuesday Community Table Adult Study: The Psalms
The Psalms are often called the Prayerbook of the Bible. In this small group, we will learn the structure and theology of the Psalter as a whole; we will also look closely at key psalms on themes like blessing, praise, creation and sin, death, and more. How do these psalms reveal God and order our prayers–and our lives? Each week, a short lesson from Eugene Peterson will help us find initial answers individually at home. Then we’ll discuss our musings as a group and Pastor Clark will supplement with insights from various theologians, including Martin Luther (did you know Luther had all 150 Psalms memorized by age 28 and lectured on them extensively as an OT prof at Wittenberg University?!)
Starts: Tuesday, Sept 14 | Food: 6pm, Study: 6:45-8pm
Cost: $10 for Peterson book (church will cover if you can’t)
Sign-up: Click here
Announcing Fall Sunday Adult Bible Study: Beauty, Building, and Re-Building
There can be no doubt that we are in a time of re-building in our families, friendships, and fellowship at St. Peter. Rebuilding can be a bummer; yet it can also be an opportunity to ask important questions, like: WHAT exactly is God calling us to build, and WHY? This fall we will seek answers by exploring the themes of beauty and “building” in Scripture and Church history. What can we learn for our lives from Abraham’s altars, Israel’s Temple, and early Christian patterns of worship? What can we learn from the way Christians have approached architecture and the “places” where they lived, worked, worshipped and played? Each week we will explore one big idea in Scripture and church history, so each week will be self-contained (no worries if you miss a week). Please join us, starting with a Prayer Walk on Rally Day (Sept 12)!
Community Book Discussion
Ninette and Vickie, of the St. Peter Race and Racism Ministry team, attended a Zoom community book discussion of Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools by Monique W. Morris. Ask them what they learned!
MAC Food Pantry
265 lbs this week. MAC would like saltines and applesauce.
Also, do you or anyone you know have an old refrigerator/freezer that you would like to sell to MAC? They have an old one on its last legs and need to replace it. Please call Cindy M at 574-855-3504 and let me know!
Prayer Requests may be submitted by either:
- using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.