- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
Outreach Sign-Up: Elm Road Fall Festival – Friday, October 8th, 6-9pm
In lieu of a Family Dance, this year Elm Road will be having a huge outdoor Fall Festival and Trunk-or-Treat on Friday, October 8, 6-9pm. They can use as many volunteers as we can supply! Shifts run from 1 to 2 hours and start as early as 3pm for setup, run until 9:30 for clean-up, with lots of different times and stations between. Please click on this link to pick a “shift” and “station/job” from Elm Road PTO’s Sign-up website.
Get Help Getting the Announcements: Next Two Sundays After Worship – 9/26
On Rally Day, Pastor Clark reminded us that it is vital for everyone to receive and check the automatic announcement emails from our wordpress site. If you are not already signed up for this service, we can help. Simply bring the device you check your email on — laptop, phone, or tablet — and we will walk you through it. This should take about 10 minutes; then we will have another 10 minutes for any other tech questions.
Expect an Extra Test Email the Next Two Sundays: 9/26
FYI: As part of setting everyone up on the blog, we will be sending an extra blog email shortly after worship on the next two Sundays.
Cheeseball Orders – Now until Oct 17th
The Women of St. Peter will be making cheeseballs in about a month. They will be talking orders now until Oct. 17. Cheeseballs will be made by order only so make sure you get your order in. Cheeseball order forms are by the slat wall. Please put your completed order form in the white bucket the says “cheese bucket”.
Breakfast & the Bible with Pastor Borger – Sept-Nov
Breakfast and the Bible will be 2-3 Friday mornings in Sept-Nov. Breakfast will be at Peggs in downtown south bend 7:45-9:00am. If you are interested please sign up at church on Sunday morning or contact Pastor Borger: firstname.lastname@example.org or cell 574-386-6401.
CROP Walk NEW DATE: OCT 3, 12:30pm – Walk or Sponsor the SPLC Team
Hello St. Peter Fam! Join our Young Families and Youth by walking or donating in this year’s St. Joseph County CROP Hunger Walk and help us fight hunger in our community and across the globe.
What is the CROP Hunger Walk?
CROP Hunger walks are community fundraising events sponsored by Church World Service (CWS), a faith-based organization addressing hunger and food insecurity, lack of clean water, and other issues defining poverty in our community and across the globe. 25% of the funds we raise will go to local organizations in St. Joseph County, including The Christian Community Pantry, Broadway Christian Parish UMC Food Ministries, Sunnyside Presbyterian Church Food Pantry and United Religious Community Advocacy Center.
How can I get involved?
- Walk with us on Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 12:30 pm at Battell Park in Mishawaka. We will walk socially distanced as a small group of St. Peter members. The walk will be a 1.8-mile loop along the river walk (see map below). A light lunch will be available immediately following worship. Please RSVP HERE to sign up and let us know if you are coming for “lunch and walk” or “just walk.”
- Donate on behalf of one of our walkers and SPLC. Our goal is to raise $1,000. Let’s make it happen! Online: click here and click on the orange ‘Donate’ button. In-person: Grab one of the donation folders by the slat wall and return it to Halrun Luppes no later than October 17, 2021. NOTE! If you are associated with SPY, please reference “St. Peter Youth” in the ‘Message’ field online or on your check; CWS will make a matching gift of $50 if our youth group raises at least $200.
- Pray for the CROP Walk and for our participation in it.
To learn more about CWS and CROP Hunger Walks visit CROP Hunger Walks. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Halrun Luppes at email@example.com or 574-292-2792 (mobile). Thank you for your support!
Community Table Meal Prep Sign Up
Please sign up here to prep a meal for the Tuesday night community table. We can’t do it without you! Here are a few easy meals to consider: pizza and salad, tacos, hotdog and chips, chili and a side, spaghetti and a side, soup and sandwiches. If you have any questions please e-mail Pastor Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to our Clean-Up Crew!
Thanks to everyone who cleaned out the “jungle” behind the church. It looks great!
Adult Bible Study Information
There is still time to join one of our four new bible studies this fall! For more information, click here.
MAC Food Pantry
357 lbs this week. They would like jelly, jiffy mix and ramen noodles. Also, start looking for sales on soup! They’re starting to run low on this cold weather staple!
Updated Directory: Members, “New Among Us,” Friends
Our Church directory has been updated. Click the button below to download a copy. NOTE: This information is hosted on our regular website and is password protected for privacy. Simply input *the same password you use for THIS wordpress site* to access the directory.
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 9am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
M/F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to Adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)