- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
Special Events at Worship Next Week, Sunday Oct 10: Heller Baptism, Clews Farewell
Join us next week for the baptism of Lucy Heller (daughter of Jeff and Meghan Carper Heller) and for a farewell to Jamie, Susannah, and Zoe Clews as they depart for the U.K.
St. Peter is on the move…Rebranding and consolidating to one new website, splcm.org!
We are in the process of consolidating to one new website here on wordpress, now “re-branded” with a short and easy name: splcm.org. The old page (stpetermishawaka.org) remains active for now, but please check out the new site as it grows and refer to it for the most current information! (Fear not: everyone who “followed” under the old name will continue to receive the auto-emails.)
Lataya Meyers, Ministry Coordinator: New Email, Visit Postponed to Oct 17
Bad News: unfortunately, Lataya will need to postpone her Sunday to visit to Oct 17.
Good News: as part of our new branding, Lataya has a new email address; please change your contacts and starting using it: email@example.com.
TWO NEW UPDATES have been uploaded to this wordpress website, splcm.org
- A new edition of the Church Directory, October 2021 Edition
- October Celebrations: Birthdays, Baptisms, and Anniversaries
NOTE: The above information is password protected for privacy. Select one of the LINKS above and if prompted enter the same password you’ve used to access our other password protected documents. If you need assistance, contact the church office or one of the pastors.
Bring Donations for Afghan Evacuees THIS Sunday, Oct 3
St. Peter Sunday School is leading us in collecting new clothing and powdered baby formula for thousands of Afghan evacuees temporarily housed in Indiana; 40% are children 14 and under. Only new items in their original packaging will be accepted. Clothing needs include: men’s and women’s unbranded, modest items such as long sleeve t-shirts, underwear, pants and jackets in sizes small to large and children’s clothing, including baby and newborn clothes, hats and socks. Please bring items this Sunday October 3 and place them in the designated area in the back of the church.
Outreach Sign-Up: Elm Road Fall Festival – Friday, October 8th, 6-9pm
In lieu of a Family Dance, this year Elm Road will be having a huge outdoor Fall Festival and Trunk-or-Treat on Friday, October 8, 6-9pm. They can use as many volunteers as we can supply! Shifts run from 1 to 2 hours and start as early as 3pm for setup, run until 9:30 for clean-up, with lots of different times and stations between. Please click on this link to pick a “shift” and “station/job” from Elm Road PTO’s Sign-up website.
Community Table Meal Prep Sign Up: HOST NEEDED THIS WEEK
Please sign up here to prep a meal for the Tuesday night community table. We can’t do it without you! Here are a few easy meals to consider: pizza and salad, tacos, hotdog and chips, chili and a side, spaghetti and a side, soup and sandwiches. If you have any questions please e-mail Pastor Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheeseball Orders – Now until Oct 17th
The Women of St. Peter will be making cheeseballs in about a month. They will be talking orders now until Oct. 17. Cheeseballs will be made by order only so make sure you get your order in. Cheeseball order forms are by the slat wall. Please put your completed order form in the white bucket the says “cheese bucket”.
Breakfast & the Bible with Pastor Borger – Sept-Nov
Breakfast and the Bible will be 2-3 Friday mornings in Sept-Nov. Breakfast will be at Peggs in downtown south bend 7:45-9:00am. If you are interested please sign up at church on Sunday morning or contact Pastor Borger: email@example.com or cell 574-386-6401.
Habitat for Humanity: Join Us!
Last week, St. Joe Habitat continued the Carter Work Project in the Fields at Highland neighborhood begun by President and Mrs. Carter in 2018. This week saw 6 new homes and a park; on Tuesday, Sept 21st, newly-retired Nancy Kroll joined Brian Ruch for her first build! Their group insulated and wrapped one home and shingled a roof on the ground, which was then attached to the house by crane. See highlights, including a glimpse of Nancy at 2:41, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6_jl-BGh04,
Brian Ruch started volunteering in 2008, and many from St. Peter have joined him since, but he’s been going mostly solo recently. He and Habitat could both use our partnership! It is easy to join in; even if you come in with no experience and little skill, job leaders will equip you on-site to make a real contribution. This is vital work for our neighbors who cannot get a traditional mortgage; through Habitat’s classes and contributing their own “sweat equity” on the jobsite, these new homeowners build “strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.” Brian has found it extraordinarily rewarding to work with our neighbors to achieve this common goal, and he invites you to join him!
If you would like to get involved in helping finish these homes this year, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 574-339-9644.
CROP Walk: THIS Sunday OCT 3, 12:30pm – Walk or Sponsor the SPLC Team
- Walk with us on Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 12:30 pm at Battell Park in Mishawaka. We will walk socially distanced as a small group of St. Peter members. The walk will be a 1.8-mile loop along the river walk (see map below). A light lunch will be available immediately following worship. Please RSVP HERE to sign up and let us know if you are coming for “lunch and walk” or “just walk.”
- Donate through October 17th: Online: click here and click on the orange ‘Donate’ button. In-person: Grab a donation folders by the slat wall and return it to Halrun Luppes. NOTE: reference “St. Peter Youth” in the ‘Message’ field online or on your check to help get matching funds.
- Pray for the CROP Walk and for our participation in it.
Adult Bible Study Information
There is still time to join one of our four new bible studies this fall! For more information, click here.
MAC Food Pantry
They would like jelly, jiffy mix and ramen noodles. Also, start looking for sales on soup! They’re starting to run low on this cold weather staple!
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour: 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am