- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
Special Events at Worship, Sunday Oct 10: Heller Baptism, Clews Farewell
Join us for the baptism of Lucy Heller (daughter of Jeff and Meghan Carper Heller) and for a farewell to Jamie, Susannah, and Zoe Clews as they depart for the U.K.
Urgent Needs: Can YOU serve on the Media Team or Properties Team?
- The Media Team needs 10 more people to help with the Soundboard (basically, unmuting the right mic at the right time) and/or Livestreaming the video (this involves turning on power switches and clicking pre-set buttons in the stream and camera software.) You will be trained! If you can help in weekly rotation with others, please email Pastor Clark at email@example.com.
- We also desperately need someone to “chair” our Properties Team. The main duties are tracking our repeat maintenance (e.g. snow removal); meeting with vendors at the church as needed; coordinating a work day each fall and spring; and coordinating a response to any maintenance problem that comes up. If you can help care for God’s house in this way, please email MLT President Jeff Luppes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Peter is on the move…Rebranding and consolidating to one new website, splcm.org!
We are in the process of consolidating to one new website here on wordpress, now “re-branded” with a short and easy name: splcm.org. The old page (stpetermishawaka.org) remains active for now, but please check out the new site as it grows and refer to it for the most current information! (Fear not: everyone who “followed” under the old name will continue to receive the auto-emails.)
Lataya Meyers, Ministry Coordinator: New Email, Visit on Oct 17
Lataya will visit us on Sunday, October 17. As part of our new branding, Lataya has a new email address; change your contacts to: email@example.com.
TWO NEW UPDATES have been uploaded to this wordpress website, splcm.org
- A new edition of the Church Directory, October 2021 Edition
- October Celebrations: Birthdays, Baptisms, and Anniversaries
NOTE: The above information is password protected for privacy. Select one of the LINKS above and if prompted enter the same password you’ve used to access our other password protected documents. If you need assistance, contact the church office or one of the pastors.
Community Table Meal Prep Sign Up: HOST NEEDED THIS WEEK
Please sign up here to prep a meal for the Tuesday night community table. We can’t do it without you! Here are a few easy meals to consider: pizza and salad, tacos, hotdog and chips, chili and a side, spaghetti and a side, soup and sandwiches. If you have any questions please e-mail Pastor Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheeseball Orders – Now until Oct 17th
The Women of St. Peter will be making cheeseballs in about a month. They will be talking orders now until Oct. 17. Cheeseballs will be made by order only so make sure you get your order in. Cheeseball order forms are by the slat wall. Please put your completed order form in the white bucket the says “cheese bucket”.
CROP Walk: THIS Sunday OCT 10, 12:30pm – Walk or Sponsor the SPLC Team
- Walk with us on Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 12:30 pm at Battell Park in Mishawaka. We will walk socially distanced as a small group of St. Peter members on a 1.8-mile loop along the river walk. A light lunch will be available after worship. Please RSVP HERE and let us know if you are coming for “lunch and walk” or “just walk.”
- Donate through October 17th: Online: click here and then click the orange ‘Donate’ button. In-person: Grab a donation folder by the slat wall and return it to Halrun Luppes. NOTE: reference “St. Peter Youth” in the ‘Message’ field online or on your check to help get matching funds.
- Pray for the CROP Walk and for our participation in it.
To learn more visit CROP Hunger Walks, or contact Halrun Luppes with questions at email@example.com or 574-292-2792 (mobile). Thank you for your support!
Blessings to Kim Eveler: for receiving the Valpo Alumni Community Service Award on Friday, October 1. Picture: Kim with President Padilla. Congratulations!
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat is looking for volunteers through October – on Wednesday, Thurday, and Saturday too. This may not be specifically on the Matthew 25 home but they will assign volunteers where there is the biggest need before the colder weather sets in.https://www.hfhsjc.org/volunteer/
As always, any monetary donation is appreciated any time that you build. Even if you are unable to help build, please consider donating and sharing this with others to help spread the word. Don’t need anything for your birthday? Consider a fundraiser to support Habitat.https://www.hfhsjc.org/donate/
For more information on Habitat for Humanity, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 574-339-9644.
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
NYG Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
Spaghetti dinner fundraiser at St. Pauls in Niles on November 7th 12pm to 2:30pm. Tickets will be going on sale soon. More information to come in the upcoming weeks.
Last Week in the Lord’s Service
Offerings For October 3rd
• General Fund: $5329.17
• Capital Improvements: $20
• CROP Walk: $25
• Pastor’s Discretionary Fund: $40
For the most recent Financial Summary Reports go to the MEMBER-LOGIN page.
Worship Attendance for Oct. 3rd: 93
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• 471 lbs. received October 3rd
• Shopping list for Oct. 10th: Jelly, Jiffy Mix, and Syrup
Also, start looking for sales on soup as M.C.A. is starting to run low on cold weather staples! Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
Week of Oct 3rd the braille team made 24 books of 2 Chronicles.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
Sunday Summer Schedule
- Divine Worship: 9am (May 28 – September 3)
- Education Hour in recess for the summer. Resumes September 10