- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
Lataya Meyers, Ministry Coordinator: New Email, Visit this Sunday, Oct 17
Lataya will visit us this Sunday, October 17. As part of our new branding, Lataya has a new email address; change your contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Urgent Needs: Can YOU serve on the Media Team or Properties Team?
- The Media Team needs 10 more people to help with the Soundboard (basically, unmuting the right mic at the right time) and/or Livestreaming the video (this involves turning on power switches and clicking pre-set buttons in the stream and camera software.) You will be trained! If you can help in weekly rotation with others, please email Pastor Clark at email@example.com.
- We also desperately need someone to “chair” our Properties Team. The main duties are tracking our repeat maintenance (e.g. snow removal); meeting with vendors at the church as needed; coordinating a work day each fall and spring; and coordinating a response to any maintenance problem that comes up. If you can help care for God’s house in this way, please email MLT President Jeff Luppes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYG Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
Spaghetti Dinner at St. Paul’s, Niles
WHEN: Nov. 7th, 12-2:30 pm
WHERE: 1340 Sycamore St. Niles, MI 49120
MENU: Spaghetti, bread, salad, and dessert
COST: Adults $8.00 – Children $5.00
**Please ask youth – tickets are available!**
WHY: We are partnering with St. Peter, St. Paul’s – South Bend, and St. Paul’s – Niles to attend the National Youth Gathering
Extras: Take out is available! We are also selling craft goods and filled baskets for early Christmas shopping!
RLA Fundraiser Oct 16th
Hayride and Pumpkin Patch
WHEN: Oct 16th 10am-4pm
WHERE: 2720 Redbud Trail Niles, MI
COST: $10 (per person) for hayride and pumpkin in the patch.
$5 (per person) for just the hayride
$1-$30 pumpkins at the stand
** 50% of proceeds will go to the school**
WHY: Proceeds will benefit the 7th and 8th grade class trip.
RLA Fundraiser Oct 30th
WHEN: Oct 30th 10am-2pm
WHERE: Goodwill, 3420 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN
WHY: Proceeds will benefit the 7th and 8th grade class trip.
Cheeseball Ordering – CLOSES after THIS Sunday, Oct 17th
The Women of St. Peter will be making cheeseballs. But remember: this year they will be made only to order, and this Sunday, Oct. 17, is the last Sunday to order. So make sure you get your order in! Cheeseball order forms are by the slat wall. Please put your completed order form in the white bucket the says “cheese bucket”.
Thank you for supporting the CROP Walk! (Donations still accepted thru Sunday, Oct 17)
On October 10th, a group of St. Peter members came together in support of the 2021 CROP Hunger Walk. In total we had 11 walkers who enjoyed a beautiful afternoon at Battell Park in Mishawaka.
To date we have raised $440 with $275 coming from our Youth Group!!! Our donations will support CWS’s projects addressing hunger and food insecurity, lack of clean water, and other issues defining poverty in our community and across the globe. 25% of all the funds raised go to local organizations in St. Joseph County. This year’s support again was critical due to the continued challenges imposed by COVID-19, which has affected overall donation levels for CWS. Thank you all for making this project a success!
There is still time to donate through this Sunday, October 17!
Click here to donate online or give your check (made out to CWS/CROP) to Halrun Luppes.
The Women of St. Peter
The Women of St. Peter initiated a new gathering, Tea Time with Jesus, to share fellowship and the devotional, “Christ and Calamity: Grace & Gratitude in the Darkest Valley.” We enjoyed a lovely afternoon of tea and conversation on the Homann’s deck on Sept. 26. Left to right: Laura Nye, Cindy Schroeder, Lori Borger, Amy Smessaert, Jordan Bergstrom, Ninette Deliyannides, and Jackie Homann.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat is looking for volunteers through October – on Wednesday, Thurday, and Saturday too. This may not be specifically on the Matthew 25 home but they will assign volunteers where there is the biggest need before the colder weather sets in.https://www.hfhsjc.org/volunteer/
As always, any monetary donation is appreciated any time that you build. Even if you are unable to help build, please consider donating and sharing this with others to help spread the word. Don’t need anything for your birthday? Consider a fundraiser to support Habitat.https://www.hfhsjc.org/donate/
For more information on Habitat for Humanity, please contact Brian at email@example.com or call/text 574-339-9644.
Community Table Meal Prep Sign Up:
Please sign up here to prep a meal for the Tuesday night community table. We can’t do it without you! Here are a few easy meals to consider: pizza and salad, tacos, hotdog and chips, chili and a side, spaghetti and a side, soup and sandwiches. If you have any questions please e-mail Pastor Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Peter is on the move…Rebranding and consolidating to one new website, splcm.org!
We are in the process of consolidating to one new website here on wordpress, now “re-branded” with a short and easy name: splcm.org. The old page (stpetermishawaka.org) remains active for now, but please check out the new site as it grows and refer to it for the most current information! (Fear not: everyone who “followed” under the old name will continue to receive the auto-emails.)
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
Last Week in the Lord’s Service
Offerings For October 3rd
• General Fund: $2246
• Valpo U $200
• Pastor’s Discretionary Fund: $50
For the most recent Financial Summary Reports go to the MEMBER-LOGIN page.
Worship Attendance for Oct. 3rd: 106
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
Th/F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)