- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
Announcing the Fall Voter’s Assembly: Sunday, Nov 14th after Worship
We will meet as a congregation on Sunday, November 14th immediately after Worship. The major item on the agenda will be the 2022 Kingdom Spending Plan (i.e. the “budget” in service to God’s work here at St. Peter). We look forward to coming together.
St. Peter is on the move…Rebranding and consolidating to one new website, splcm.org!
We are in the process of consolidating to one new website here on wordpress, now “re-branded” with a short and easy name: splcm.org. The old page (stpetermishawaka.org) remains active for now, but please check out the new site as it grows and refer to it for the most current information! (Fear not: everyone who “followed” under the old name will continue to receive the auto-emails.)
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains helpful internal administrative documents for members such as: a Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more.
NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to verify your status (you are who you say you are) to receive the password.
Each year the Valpraiso University St. Peter Lutheran Church-Mishawaka, IN Endowed Scholarship is given to a local student. The Endowed Scholarship makes it possible for deserving students to attend Valpo, giving them access to many opportunities, memories, and experiences the University has to offer. This 2021-2022 academic year scholarship has been given to Andres Jauregui. Andres is a senior from South Bend and is majoring in Elementary Education.
Urgent Needs: Can YOU serve on the Media Team or Properties Team?
- The Media Team needs 10 more people to help with the Soundboard (basically, unmuting the right mic at the right time) and/or Livestreaming the video (this involves turning on power switches and clicking pre-set buttons in the stream and camera software.) You will be trained! If you can help in weekly rotation with others, please email Pastor Clark at email@example.com.
- We also desperately need someone to “chair” our Properties Team. The main duties are tracking our repeat maintenance (e.g. snow removal); meeting with vendors at the church as needed; coordinating a work day each fall and spring; and coordinating a response to any maintenance problem that comes up. If you can help care for God’s house in this way, please email MLT President Jeff Luppes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RLA Port-a-Pit Fundraiser Oct 30th
WHEN: Oct 30th, 10am-2pm
WHERE: Marathon Gas, 3811 Grape Rd, Mishawaka
WHY: Proceeds will benefit the 7th and 8th grade class trip.
SPY will be bowling on Sunday October 24th noon-3pm. Dave Homann has sent out a Sign-Up Genius with details.
NYG Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
Spaghetti Dinner @ St. Paul’s, Niles
WHEN: Nov. 7th, 12-2:30 pm
WHERE: 1340 Sycamore St. Niles, MI 49120
MENU: Spaghetti, bread, salad, and dessert
COST: Adults $8.00 – Children $5.00
**Please ask youth – tickets are available!**
WHY: Youth from St. Paul’s–South Bend and St. Paul’s–Niles are partnering with your St. Peter Youth to attend the National Youth Gathering (NYG).
Extras: Take out is available! We are also selling craft goods and filled baskets for early Christmas shopping!
Thanks to Lataya Meyers and Family for Joining Us in Worship
Our new Ministry Coordinator, Lataya Meyers, joined us in worship this past Sunday, Oct 17 with her husband Chad, daughter Lily (15), and son Isaiah (9). Not pictured: Caleb (20), who is away at Ball State:
Community Table Meal Prep Sign Up:
Please sign up here to prep a meal for the Tuesday night community table. We can’t do it without you! Here are a few easy meals to consider: pizza and salad, tacos, hotdog and chips, chili and a side, spaghetti and a side, soup and sandwiches. If you have any questions please e-mail Pastor Clark, email@example.com.
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
Last Week in the Lord’s Service
Offerings For October 17th
• General Fund: $3,457.51
NOTE: For the most recent Financial Summary Reports go to the MEMBER-LOGIN page.
Worship Attendance for Oct. 17th: 91
M.A.C. Food Pantry
Shopping list for this week: Jelly, Jiffy Mix, and Syrup
Also, start looking for sales on soup as M.C.A. is starting to run low on cold weather staples!
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
Week of Oct 17th the braille team made 20 books of II Chronicles in English.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
From the St Peter Sewing Ladies
+ Week of Oct 17th the sewing team made 1 quilt for Lutheran World Relief. This small band of faithful women (also open to men) meet every Tuesday to cut squares, size sheets for backing quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. There is a job for ANY skill level from the least to the greatest. If you are interested in this vital ministry of human care please contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
+ 100 Quilts made by our St. Peter Sewing Ladies will be dedicated this Sunday in Worship. Our thanks to John Schroeder who transports quilts for this region and delivers them to Valpo. Lutheran World Relief collects these quilts from the many sewing groups in our Lutheran Churches across the country. The quilts are then packed into containers and shipped to different regions of the world to meet various needs from blankets, partitions in modest homes, blankets for livestock, and other creative uses.
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women of St Peter
The Women of St. Peter initiated a new gathering, Tea Time with Jesus, to share fellowship and the devotional, “Christ and Calamity: Grace & Gratitude in the Darkest Valley.” We enjoyed a lovely afternoon of tea and conversation on the Homann’s deck on Sept. 26. Left to right: Laura Nye, Cindy Schroeder, Lori Borger, Amy Smessaert, Jordan Bergstrom, Ninette Deliyannides, and Jackie Homann.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat is looking for volunteers through October – on Wednesday, Thurday, and Saturday too. This may not be specifically on the Matthew 25 home but they will assign volunteers where there is the biggest need before the colder weather sets in.https://www.hfhsjc.org/volunteer/
As always, any monetary donation is appreciated any time that you build. Even if you are unable to help build, please consider donating and sharing this with others to help spread the word. Don’t need anything for your birthday? Consider a fundraiser to support Habitat.https://www.hfhsjc.org/donate/
For more information on Habitat for Humanity, please contact Brian at email@example.com or call/text 574-339-9644.
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
M/F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to Adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)