- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
LOCATION CHANGE: RLA Port-a-Pit Fundraiser Oct 30th
WHEN: Oct 30th, 10am-2pm
WHERE: Goodwill, 3420 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN
WHY: Proceeds will benefit the 7th & 8th grade class trip.
NYG Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
Spaghetti Dinner @ St. Paul’s, Niles
WHEN: Nov. 7th, 12-2:30 pm
WHERE: 1340 Sycamore St. Niles, MI 49120
MENU: Spaghetti, bread, salad, and dessert
COST: Adults $8.00 – Children $5.00
**Please ask youth – tickets are available!**
WHY: Youth from St. Paul’s–South Bend and St. Paul’s–Niles are partnering with your St. Peter Youth to attend the National Youth Gathering (NYG).
Extras: Take out is available! We are also selling craft goods and filled baskets for early Christmas shopping!
Cheeseballs Ready for Pickup
Those who ordered cheeseballs may pick them up at church after worship by speaking with Paula Ryan. As indicated previously, there are no “extra” cheeseballs for purchase this year.
Announcing the Fall Voter’s Assembly: Sunday, Nov 14th after Worship
We will meet as a congregation on Sunday, November 14th immediately after Worship. The major item on the agenda will be the 2022 Kingdom Spending Plan (i.e. the “budget” in service to God’s work here at St. Peter). We look forward to coming together.
St. Peter is on the move…Rebranding and consolidating to one new website, splcm.org!
We are in the process of consolidating to one new website here on wordpress, now “re-branded” with a short and easy name: splcm.org. The old page (stpetermishawaka.org) remains active for now, but please check out the new site as it grows and refer to it for the most current information! (Fear not: everyone who “followed” under the old name will continue to receive the auto-emails.)
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains helpful internal administrative documents for members such as: a Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more.
NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to verify your status (you are who you say you are) to receive the password.
Urgent Needs: Can YOU serve on the Media Team or Properties Team?
- The Media Team needs 10 more people to help with the Soundboard (basically, unmuting the right mic at the right time) and/or Livestreaming the video (this involves turning on power switches and clicking pre-set buttons in the stream and camera software.) You will be trained! If you can help in weekly rotation with others, please email Pastor Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also desperately need someone to “chair” our Properties Team. The main duties are tracking our repeat maintenance (e.g. snow removal); meeting with vendors at the church as needed; coordinating a work day each fall and spring; and coordinating a response to any maintenance problem that comes up. If you can help care for God’s house in this way, please email MLT President Jeff Luppes at email@example.com.
Community Table Meal Prep Sign Up:
Please sign up here to prep a meal for the Tuesday night community table. We can’t do it without you! Here are a few easy meals to consider: pizza and salad, tacos, hotdog and chips, chili and a side, spaghetti and a side, soup and sandwiches. If you have any questions please e-mail Pastor Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
Last Week in the Lord’s Service
Week of October 24th
Offerings – Sunday
• General Fund: $27,572.24
Worship Attendance for Sunday: 97
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected, last 3 weeks: 536 lbs
• Shopping List for This Week: Pancake Mix, Jello, Jelly
• Start looking for sales on soup as M.A.C. is starting to run low on cold weather staples!
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• This week the Braille Team made 19 books of II Chronicles in Unified English Braille.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• This week: 3 quilts for Lutheran World Relief
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
The CROP Walk organized by Young Families and St. Peter Youth finished with $655 in donations for local food pantries and global food projects. Thanks for your partnership!
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat is looking for volunteers through October – on Wednesday, Thurday, and Saturday too. This may not be specifically on the Matthew 25 home but they will assign volunteers where there is the biggest need before the colder weather sets in.https://www.hfhsjc.org/volunteer/
As always, any monetary donation is appreciated any time that you build. Even if you are unable to help build, please consider donating and sharing this with others to help spread the word. Don’t need anything for your birthday? Consider a fundraiser to support Habitat.https://www.hfhsjc.org/donate/
For more information on Habitat for Humanity, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 574-339-9644.
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour: 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am