- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
DON’T FORGET TO MOVE CLOCKS BACK THIS WEEKEND!
NYG Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
Spaghetti Dinner @ St. Paul’s, Niles
WHEN: Nov. 7th, 12-2:30 pm
WHERE: 1340 Sycamore St. Niles, MI 49120
MENU: Spaghetti, bread, salad, and dessert
COST: Adults $8.00 – Children $5.00
**Please ask youth – tickets are available!**
WHY: Youth from St. Paul’s–South Bend and St. Paul’s–Niles are partnering with your St. Peter Youth to attend the National Youth Gathering (NYG).
Extras: Take out is available! We are also selling craft goods and filled baskets for early Christmas shopping!
SPY will be making braille books Saturday Nov 6, 10-12am
SPY Bonfire Cookout (Weather Permitting)
Bonfire and cookout at the Homanns Saturday Nov. 13, 2021 at 5:00pm. Watch for Sign-up Genius this week.
SPY Poinsettia Sale
Poinsettia orders will be going on now until Nov. 22. Delivery day will be Saturday December 4, in the afternoon. Specific time for pick up will be confirmed on Dec 3rd.
They will be selling 4.5″ single bulb and 7.5″ double bulb plants with the color options of red, white, and jingle bell (red with white speckles). They will be selling them for $7 and $15. If you have questions you can contact Krista Hunt 574-339-5479
If you would like to help with coffee hour food, sign up on the back table or talk to Nancy Kroll.
Pastor Clark Surgery
Pastor Clark will have outpatient surgery on Tuesday, Nov 9 and hopefully be “out” for only two weeks. If there is something he can help you with by phone or email, you are welcome to still contact him after the first week or so. Thanks for your prayers!
Tuesday Community Table and Psalms: Finished for the Fall
With PC’s impending surgery, Community Table and the Psalms study has “wrapped for the Fall” two weeks early. Tuesday Confirmation (6:45) and SPY Small Group (7:15) continue.
Fall Voter’s Assembly: Sunday, Nov 14th after Worship
We will meet as a congregation on Sunday, November 14th immediately after Worship. The major item on the agenda will be the 2022 Kingdom Spending Plan (i.e. the “budget” in service to God’s work here at St. Peter). We look forward to coming together.
Cheeseballs Ready for Pickup
Those who ordered cheeseballs may pick them up at church after worship by speaking with Paula Ryan. As indicated previously, there are no “extra” cheeseballs for purchase this year.
Annual Cookie Sale
The Women of St. Peter will be having their annual cookie sale on Dec. 11 9am-noon. They are in need of cookies you have baked. Please bring your donated cookies to the church on Dec. 10.
NEW Church Calendar and Location:
As part of the transition to splcm.org, the old Church Calendar has been deleted and removed from the old webpage. Find the new calendar, and all the info you need, at splcm.org/info.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains helpful internal administrative documents for members such as: a Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to verify your status (you are who you say you are) to receive the password
Urgent Needs: Can YOU serve on the Properties Team?
We are still in need of someone to “chair” our Properties Team. The main duties are tracking our repeat maintenance (e.g. snow removal); meeting with vendors at the church as needed; coordinating a work day each fall and spring; and coordinating a response to any maintenance problem that comes up. If you can help care for God’s house in this way, please email MLT President Jeff Luppes at email@example.com.
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
Last Week in the Lord’s Service
Week of October 31st
Offerings – Sunday
• General Fund: $7,303
Worship Attendance for Sunday: 97
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Shopping List for This Week: Pancake Mix, Jello, Jelly
• Start looking for sales on soup as M.A.C. is starting to run low on cold weather staples!
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504t
• This week the Braille Team made 21 books of II Chronicles in Unified English Braille.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• This week: 2 quilts for Lutheran World Relief
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
The CROP Walk organized by Young Families and St. Peter Youth finished with $655 in donations for local food pantries and global food projects. Thanks for your partnership!
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat wishes to thank us for friendship, generosity and support. Our gift of $200 went towards the Matthew 25 program at Habitat for Humanity of St. Joseph County. Our donation to Habitat for Humanity furthers the mission of creating a community where everyone in St. Joseph County has a decent place to live.
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour: 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am