- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
Thanksgiving Eve Worship and MAC Food Collection
- Worship: Wednesday, November 24 | 7pm
- Special Collection: during the offering, we will receive at the altar non-perishable goods or monetary gifts for the M.A.C. Food Pantry. Bring a bag of groceries…
Fall Voter’s Assembly: UPDATE
We met as a congregation last Sunday, November 14th after Worship. The major item on the agenda was the 2022 Kingdom Spending Plan (i.e. the “budget” in service to God’s work here at St. Peter). We thank you all for coming together. The following documents are located on the Member-Login page of the splcm.org website:
- 2021-11-14 Voters’ Assembly PRESENTATION
- 2022 APPROVED Kingdom Spending Plan –
- Both SUMMARY and DETAILED Budget version are included.
End-of-year Offering Reports
Just a reminder that if you want your offerings to count in the 2021 tax year, please get them to the church office by Dec 31, 2021. The earlier the better. Year-end reports will be available for pick-up starting Sunday, Jan 9, 2022. If you have any questions you can contact our Financial Secretary, Cindy Matthews, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Morning Hospitality Coffee Hour Servant-Opportunity
Helping host a Sunday Morning Hospitality Coffee Hour is a great way to serve others and get to know your brother and sisters in Christ. Hosting doesn’t need to be complicated or extravagant. Simple is good! Nancy Kroll organizes volunteers to host and offers great hands on guidance to get you started, walking you through all teh steps and answering any questions. Simply let Nancy Kroll know if you would like to help with coffee hour food by signing up on the back table or talking directly to Nancy Kroll.
2021 Suicide Loss Remembrance: Saturday, Nov 20, 10:30am-Noon
This weekend, for the fifth year running and in partnership with the Suicide Prevention Center, St. Peter will host our local chapter of the International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day. This is a time for those who have lost a loved one to suicide to come together. The event features a keynote speaker, a short film, and guided discussion groups. See full details here. Please feel free to invite anyone you know who might benefit.
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
Advent Preparations for Christmas
New Advent Devotions are now available…
In Isaiah we come upon promises that move us mightily toward the New Testament’s proclamation that Jesus of Nazareth is Israel’s Messiah and the Savior of the world. These devotions from Isaiah will renew and enliven our hearts as we countdown to Christmas. “Those who wait upon the Lord … shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:21)
Christmas for Emmons
The Angel Tree for Emmons Elementary is up and is going on now until December 12. We have 12 students this year. Each student has two tags, one is for toys and one is for clothes. If you are interested in participating please choose a tag and write your name on the sign up sheet next to the corresponding tag number and description. Instructions, index card and labels are in each envelope. Return: no later than December 12.
Christmas for RLA
This year, we again will provide gift cards to our RLA Teachers to purchase materials for the classroom. We have 10 teachers/classrooms to cover. To contribute, find the sign and box at the slat wall. Checks to St. Peter, memo: RLA Christmas.
WOMEN OF ST. PETER – Annual Cookie Sale
Time to bake, bake, bake and share your favorite delicacy delights with the community. The Women of St. Peter will be having their annual cookie sale on Dec. 11: 9am-Noon. They are in need of cookies you have baked. Please bring your donated cookies to the church on Dec. 10. See Jill Reedstrom or Paula Ryan for any questions or more information. Let’s get baking….
Christmas Decorating – Your help is needed to prepare the Sanctuary for the Nativity of Our Lord
St. Peter is in need of eager elves to help decorate the sanctuary and church for Christmas.
• When? – Sunday, December 19th after Worship
• What? – Help with garland & wreath decorating, garland & wreath hanging, tree trimming and tree lighting.
• Commitment? – Many elves make light work but plan on 1.5 – 2 hours of work.
• Food? – Lunch will be served to the elves helping.
If you are able to help, please sign up to on the convenient “Elf Help Board” by the slot wall.
WORSHIP – 37th Annual German Advent Service at St. Paul
St. Paul Lutheran Church is having their annual Advent service in the German Language. This Service will be held Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 4:00pm. The address is 51490 Laurel Road, South Bend. Refreshments and fellowship will follow. If you have any questions or need more information you can contact St. Paul’s church office at (574) 271-1050.
SPY Poinsettia Sale
SPY is hosting POINSETTIA SALES this year as a National Youth Gathering fundraiser. You can order flowers for your own decorating/gift giving use and/or donate to decorate the church altar for Christmas.
You can order single bulb 4.5″ plants for $7 or double 7.5″ plants for $15. Color choices include red, white, and jingle bell (red with white speckles).
One order form is all you need for all your orders -OR- you can talk to a SPY member. Payment is due with your order.
If you fill in an order form, please place the form and your payment in the marked box near the slat wall. Payment can be cash or a check made out to St. Peter Youth (or SPY).
!!! Regular orders are due Monday November 22. Delivery of flowers is on December 4. !!!
!!! Voucher orders are due Sunday December 5. Order pick-up on or before December 18!!!
If the available color options or delivery time does not suit you, you may purchase a voucher that can be used to select any color in the size you buy and you can pick up your flowers anytime from now until December 18 from the vendor (Varner’s in Niles). SPY is happy to work with you on delivery/pick-up as well. Keep this order option in mind for your office or other places of business that order large quantities for decorating. We are happy to work with anyone on getting large orders personally delivered.
Contact Krista Hunt with any questions. email@example.com or 574-339-4579
The Altar Guild is asking you to support the SPY fundraiser for the 2022 NYG by ordering poinsettias now to donate for our Christmas Altar. Donation orders will be taken until Dec. 5th . Please support our youth and decorate our church for Christmas with your order.
SPY says THANK YOU for the awesome support of the Spaghetti Lunch Fundraiser
SPY would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who came to the spaghetti lunch in Niles. The event was a huge success, and they appreciate everyone who participated or made a donation! They are looking forward to a great trip to the 2022 National Youth Gathering, and this first fundraising event brought them one step closer.
Upcoming SPY Activities
On November 6th SPY made 11 braille books, II Chronicles in unified English braille.
SPY will also be making braille books on Saturday Dec. 4th from 10am-12pm.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains helpful internal administrative documents for members such as: a Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to verify your status (you are who you say you are) to receive the password
NEW Church Calendar and Location:
As part of the transition to splcm.org, the old Church Calendar has been deleted and removed from the old webpage. Find the new calendar, and all the info you need, at splcm.org/info.
Urgent Needs: Can YOU serve on the Properties Team?
We are still in need of someone to “chair” our Properties Team. The main duties are tracking our repeat maintenance (e.g. snow removal); meeting with vendors at the church as needed; coordinating a work day each fall and spring; and coordinating a response to any maintenance problem that comes up. If you can help care for God’s house in this way, please email MLT President Jeff Luppes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Week in the Lord’s Service
Week of November 14th 2021
Offerings – Sunday
• General Fund: $8,869.34
• Braille: $100
• MAC: $100
• Spy/Nyg: $500
• Pastor’s Discretion: $325
• Cap & Maint: $500
Worship Attendance for Sunday: 91
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• 305 lbs. was collected this week… praise God!
• Shopping List for This Week: tuna, jiffy, and jello
• Start looking for sales on soup as M.A.C. is starting to run low on cold weather staples!
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• This week the Braille Team made 16 books of II Chronicles in Unified English Braille and 11 books of Proverbs in Kiswahili Braille.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• This week: 3 quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
General Office Hours:
M-TH: 8:30am-1:30pm; FRI: 8:30am-Noon
- Education Hour (All Ages) 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship 10:15am