To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Education Hour (All Ages) 9:00-9:50 am
Adults: “How Do I Understand the Bible?”
- Sign up ASAP to HELP WITH the Easter Party and Egg Hunt. We need to know we have the “staff” to schedule it. More info below in “Ministry Updates and Opportunities.”
- Lectors please let Mike Fonck know by Wednesday your availability for April, May, and June.
Lenten Journey Worship, Devotions, & Service
Lenten Wednesday Evening Prayer Worship
Lenten Daily Devotions: Witness To Christ by R. Reed Lessing
Pick up a copy from the slat wall.
Be a witness to Christ this Lent, from Ash Wednesday through beautiful Easter morning. Journey through John’s Gospel as he paints a stunning portrait of Jesus, who is the bread of life, your glorious Savior. John wrote his Gospel for you “so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name” (John 20:31). Life! Through this season of Lent, you too will see how believing in teh resurrection brings you life – abundant life, forgiven life, and eternal life. That’s God’s gift to His children!
“Lenten Offering Box” – A Sunday School Service Partnership with the Congregation
Lent is a time for reflecting on God’s mercy by acting out in mercy towards others. Lenten Offering Boxes will be distributed by our Sunday School in the coming weeks. The Box Offerings collected during Lent will help bring clean and safe water to families experiencing a water crisis in underserved communities around the world through the organization charitywater.org. During Lent you are encouraged to partner with our Sunday School kiddos and collect your pocket change and more throughout the season and to give those small gifts to God as a faithful response to his abundant mercy.
Join H.E.A.R.T. in “Heart Month”: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
Ushers – click here to be contacted by Head Usher Matt Rockwell
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
Doorkeepers – click here to be contacted by Coordinators Jackie and Sam Homann
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Community Easter Party
Your St. Peter leaders would like to restart the Community Easter Party this year. But in order for this to happen we need lots of volunteers. The party would be held on Saturday April 16th for 9:30am to 11:00am. A sign up sheet is on the slat wall. We will only be able to schedule the party if we have enough volunteers; so, please consider helping!
Lectors Meeting/ Training
Lectors Meeting/Training on Saturday Morning, March 26th, starting at 9:30 A.M. This gathering will be for all existing Lectors as well as anyone wanting to become a Lector. Please make sure you mark this date and time on your calendars. More details will be following via e-mail and our Sunday announcements.
Stephen Ministry – Free Bookmark
You will find in your pews, as well as at the Stephen Ministry Info Location on the slatwall, some very nice, laminated Stephen Ministry bookmarks. Please feel free to take as many as you need; they are there for the taking and your use. Stephen Ministry is a very key ministry here at St. Peter and hopefully, this bookmark will serve as a reminder that it is here for you, that it is a way to put “GOD’S LOVE IN ACTION”.
St. Paul’s Estate/Gift Planning Luncheon
What: Andy Behrmann of the LCMS Foundation will present thoughts on how he can help
counsel Lutheran families through the gift planning process and preparing families
to meet with their attorney to discuss estate planning. A complimentary luncheon
will be provided.
When: Sunday April 3, 2022
Where: St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church 605 S. Center St. Bremen, IN
in the fellowship hall
Contact: Please rsvp to the church office at 574-546-2332 no later than Friday, March 25th.
Spring 2022: Adult Bible Studies
SUNDAY MORNING Study – Nuts and Bolts: How Do I Understand the Bible?
9:00-9:50am | Fellowship Hall
FRIDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Revelation: the Lamb of God”
Food: 6:30pm, Study: 7-8:30pm | 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month | Fellowship Hall
SATURDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Matthew’s Gospel, Part 1”
7-8:30pm | 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month | Member homes
Sunday Morning Hospitality Coffee Hour Servant-Opportunity
Hosting Sunday Morning Hospitality is a great way to serve and get to know others. It doesn’t need to be extravagant; simple is good, and Nancy Kroll will help you! Simply sign up on the back table or talk directly to Nancy. 2022 Sign-up available by the slat wall.
Women of St. Peter – Adopt-a-student
The women of St. Peter would like to introduce you to this years adopt-a-student Ethan Luft. Ethan graduated from Kearney High School in Kansas City, Missouri. He then went to a local college in Kansas City but ended up transferring to Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, Missouri. This is Ethan’s first year in the seminary and he just married his high school sweetheart this past February. Ethan’s bio and letter are on the slat wall if you would like to get more information about him. If you would like to correspond with Ethan is address is: Ethan Luft 13 Founders Way Apt. A St. Louis, MO 63105
SPY will be making braille books again on Saturday March 5th at 10am.
Vacation Bible School
We are excited to announce there will be a Vacation Bible School program this summer from June 27- July 1. Watch for more details to come on registration and volunteering.
NYG Service Auction – March 6, 2022
The youth is holding one of their biggest fundraisers, The Service Auction on March 6th after church service. Come bid on the services and hand made items provided by our youth and congergation. Lunch will be provided by The Skillet. Please sign up on the sheet on the table by the slot wall so we can give the restaurant an accurate number.
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of February 20, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $9941.51
•Last Sunday, Feb 20: 101
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 124 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Pancake Mix, Syrup and Jelly
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 22 books of II Chronicles in Unified English Braille.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 12 quilts for The Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Submit Your Announcement Electronically
Like Prayer Requests, Announcements can now be submitted electronically. Please visit https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains documents like: the most current Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to receive the password.
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better: splcm.org/worship.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
Sunday Summer Schedule
- Divine Worship: 9am (May 28 – September 3)
- Education Hour in recess for the summer. Resumes September 10
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor