To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Sunday School: 9am
- The Braille team needs help making braille books. They have a large order to fill and would like to have it finished by the end of May. Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
- See the announcement below and consider whether you could help the moms at Hannah’s House in a big way!
- This Sunday May 22 SPY Masters 2022 will be held at Putt-Putt Golf and Games. See more information below under “SPY”
- MLEA would like to make sure everyone at St Peter knows they are welcome to attend the graduation ceremony on Thursday, May 26, at 7:00pm at the school building.
- The MLEA board would like St Peter to join them in the following prayers:
Prayers for direction and wisdom as the board as we consider plans
for building expansion.
Thanksgiving for God’s blessings over the course of this academic
year, along with prayers for our graduating eighth graders.
- Building Expansion Committee update. John Schroeder is Chairing this committee and the current plan is to have new classroom space ready by fall of 2024.
Sign Up to Clean the Church While Jeff is Getting Married
Mr. Jeff Rockwell, who faithfully cares for God’s House week in and week out, is getting married June 4th and going on honeymoon. We need a team of about four people each week who can take care of tasks like trash pickup and disposal, vacuuming, and cleaning restrooms for three weeks. The first week needs to happen on Saturday June 4th after 2pm–that is, after Amy’s Consecration Service and while Jeff is getting married. The other two weeks–prepping for Sunday June 12 and 19–can happen anytime the week before as coordinated by the team. We will provide more specific instructions to those who sign up–please click the link below!
Voter’s Assembly: June 5, 2022 – Save the Date
Mark your calendar now for a Voter’s Assembly after worship on Sunday, June 5, 2022. At this assembly, we will celebrate God’s blessings over the last six months, elect officers, and introduce some exciting next steps in building community here at St. Peter.
LWML Convention and Grant
RLA submitted a grant request to LWML for $10,000 scholarship help. We made the cut–the proposal will be voted on at convention. Each congregation can send 2 members (and thus get 2 votes.) Vickie Hess plans to go but needs a second person who can be there at least for Saturday. The dates for this convention is June 17 to June 19.
If you are interested in going or need more information please contact:
Vickie Hess at: email@example.com
Hannah’s House & LCMS Life Grant: We Need YOU!
The LCMS is offering Grants to congregations for creative activities or partnerships in support of moms who keep and raise their kids. We are hoping to apply for a grant in support of Hannah’s House, a long-standing community partner “offering a continuum of stable housing, home life, staff support, and programming.” But we need to assemble a Team who could select and support projects of the landscaping and light construction varieties. Please take a look at the link below and email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and possible skills you’d like to bring to a Team!
Deaconess Graduation/Consecration and Gift: Amy Smessaert
We are excited to celebrate with Amy Smessaert the completion of her Diaconal Studies. She will receive her degree and consecration from the LDA as part of a Service of Thanksgiving here at St. Peter on Saturday, June 4th at 10:30am with a reception to follow. The Congregation is cordially invited!
In preparation and affirmation, we also want to collect a love offering of $500-1000 to gift Amy with a robe and other items she will need. If you would like to help, a donation box is in the Narthex. Checks to St. Peter, Memo: Deaconess gift.
Join H.E.A.R.T.: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Spring 2022: Adult Bible Studies
SUNDAY MORNING Study – Nuts and Bolts: How Do I Understand the Bible?
9:00-9:50am | Fellowship Hall
FRIDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Revelation: the Lamb of God”
Food: 6:30pm, Study: 7-8:30pm | 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month | Fellowship Hall
SATURDAY NIGHT Bible Study – “Matthew’s Gospel, Part 1”
7-8:30pm | 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month | Member homes
SPY Masters 2022
The tournament will take place on the day and time listed below at Putt-Putt Golf and Games on North Main Street in Mishawaka, Indiana. A lite luncheon will be provided for all guests and members at the church prior to the tournament. Courtesey transportation is provided for all partaking of the luncheon. Otherwise, please arrive at the main entrance of the facility a few minutes early along with your $5 registration fee.
As you know, the SPY Masters tournament has provided great memories of great champions over the years.
We look forward to having you join in the most anticipated putt-putt tournament of the year.
Date: 05/22/2022 (Sun.)
Time: 12:00pm – 3:00pm EDT
Location: PUTT_PUTT Golf and Games, 3615 N. Main St., Mishawaka
Vacation Bible School
RLA VBS 2022 is coming to you this summer. Jerusalem Marketplace VBS will be hosted at RLA from June 27-July 1 from 9:30-11:30 each morning. This is a free program open to all RLA students, supporting churches, and invited friends. More details to come soon about the week’s activities.
Additional information and participant and volunteer registration can be found here: https://bit.ly/RLAvbs2022
Each family that registers no later than April 30 will receive a free music CD.
While we love running our program for free, it does take quite a bit of money to get things going. If you feel interested in supporting our program, there are many ways to do this.
-You can shop from our Amazon Wish List and have items sent directly to us:https://rb.gy/rn7wez
-You can pull a tag from a donation board that will be on display in your church starting this Sunday.
-You can “Adopt a Tribe” by donating $30 which will cover the price of supplies for tribe time activities for up to ten children for the whole week. We are looking for at least eight sponsors who will not only make a donation but will receive a list of the people in the tribe that you can then pray for prior to, during, and after the week of VBS. (Contact Krista if you are interested in this option.)
-You can drop an offering into your church plate marked for VBS.
Most importantly, we ask for your prayers as we continue the planning process. Pray for the children and families who plan to attend. Pray that God provides the volunteers and funds that we need. Pray for all the preparation that goes into this big event. Pray that all is done to God’s glory, so that He will be revealed to all who are a part of this program.
Contact Krista Hunt with questions at email@example.com or 574-339-5479.
There is much to celebrate at RLA with the hiring of a new Development Director Don Swift, increased enrollment, staff expansion, and the exploration of a building expansion for more classrooms to put everyone! As with all growth, there are financial components and we were blessed with a very large generous anonomous donation to help expand the building and staffing needs as well as parking for all of our guests when we are hosting events. This gift will get us started for the 1st year of expansion and with the help of Don, we are looking to increase our community relationships and donations to sustain our growth. RLA has a diverse student population and our scholarship needs have increased over the past few years and we are looking for support among our congregations.
For more ways to support RLA please click on the link Ways to Support RLA
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of May 15, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $7244.34
Pastor’s Disc Fund: $825
Deaconess Gift: $100
•Last Sunday, May 15: 124
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 295 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Jelly, Jello and Jiffy Mix
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 23 books of II Chronicles in Unified English.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team is done for the spring and summer. They will continue their work for The Lutheran World Relief on Tuesday September 13th.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains documents like: the most current Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to receive the password.
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
General Office Hours:
M-TH: 8:30am-1:30pm; FRI: 8:30am-Noon
Summer Sunday Schedule (May 29-Sept 4)
- Divine Worship: 9:00 am
- Sunday Education Hour in Summer Recess
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor