To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Summer Worship (May 29-September 4) at 9:00 am
Sunday Education Hour is in Recess
Follow the NYG Gathering Online
On Thursday, July 7 at 7:30am the youth and their fearless leaders will meet at St. Peter to embark on their journey to the National Youth Gathering in Houston (July 9-13). We will return reinvigorated in our Christian faith, and somewhat exhausted, on Friday, July 15.
To stay up to date at the Gathering, parents and congregants are encouraged to follow the Gathering online. Learn more about your speakers and performers and hear messages diving into the theme. A livestream of Mass Events and the Divine Worship with the Lord’s Supper (Wed., 7/13) will be on www.lcmsgathering.com/livestream. Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat using #LCMSYG!
Mark your calendars: The youth will help lead worship on Sunday, August 7 and will host a Thank-You Luncheon for the congregation after worship to share what we’ve learned along the way and how we have grown in our Christian faith In All Things (Colossians 1:15-20).
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
Hannah’s House Project Update
We are moving into a finalized plan to install a deck, renovate landscaping, and hopefully fix a tree-and-fence problem. Stay tuned through the summer for announcement of Fall project dates.
Join H.E.A.R.T.: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Save the date: Aug 6th is the Annual Dale Timm Scholarship Fund
Golf Outing at Elbel. Registration for the event is open now. Shotgun
start at 9 am. with a meal at the school to follow.
If anyone wants to or knows anyone or business that would want to sponsor a hole and or volunteer for the event, please contact Donald Swift at RLA firstname.lastname@example.org
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of June 26, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $7340
•Last Sunday, June 26: 114
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 301 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Ramen, Cereal and Chef Boyrdee
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team is done for the summer and will continue their work on Tuesday September 6th.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team is done for the summer. They will continue their work for The Lutheran World Relief on Tuesday September 13th.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
Summer Office Hours:
Summer Sunday Schedule (May 29-Sept 4)
- Divine Worship: 9:00 am
- Sunday Education Hour in Summer Recess
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor