To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Summer Worship (May 29-September 4) at 9:00 am
Sunday Education Hour is in Recess
Follow the NYG Gathering Online
On Thursday, July 7 at 7:30am the youth and their fearless leaders will meet at St. Peter to embark on their journey to the National Youth Gathering in Houston (July 9-13). We will return reinvigorated in our Christian faith, and somewhat exhausted, on Friday, July 15.
To stay up to date at the Gathering, parents and congregants are encouraged to follow the Gathering online. Learn more about your speakers and performers and hear messages diving into the theme. A livestream of Mass Events and the Divine Worship with the Lord’s Supper (Wed., 7/13) will be on www.lcmsgathering.com/livestream. Join the conversation on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat using #LCMSYG!
Mark your calendars: The youth will help lead worship on Sunday, August 7 and will host a Thank-You Luncheon for the congregation after worship to share what we’ve learned along the way and how we have grown in our Christian faith In All Things (Colossians 1:15-20).
Hannah’s House Fundraiser is On in July!
Hannah’s House provides a temporary home, skills-training, and other support to moms who want to keep their babies. We have applied for a matching grant from LCMS Life Ministry to support Hannah’s House by creating a safe, welcoming, and restorative backyard at one of their homes. We will install a deck over bad concrete, re-landscape, and repair a tree-damaged fence. The total cost is $10K, which means our congregation needs to raise $5,000 during the month of July for its portion.
To contribute to this vital effort to support moms, kids, and God’s gift of life, please look for the donation box in the Narthex or mail your check to the Church: 437 E Dragoon Trail, Mishawaka 46544. Make checks to St. Peter Lutheran, memo: Hannah’s House.
Cafe with PC: Crashing Convention, Moving Forward—
Same Presentation After Worship July 10 or 17, Pick Either
Come for 30-40 minutes after worship either day (same presentation). Hear and discuss how PC nearly “broke” the District Convention with a resolution on race, economics and gender; why and how this matters; and PC’s future plans, which will involve St. Peter. For more info or to download the resolution, click here.
Support Camp Arcadia!
Are you available to work on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan as a member of Camp Arcadia’s End of Season Staff or do you know someone who is? Camp Arcadia needs your help! As our group of summer staff begin to depart, your help would be greatly appreciated in program, housekeeping, kitchen, office, and/or caretaking. Hiring starts at age 16. Our most pressing staffing needs are for the following week-long retreats:
Family Week #8: August 14-20
Family Week #9: August 21-27
Lutherhostel Retreat: August 27 – Sept. 1
We are also looking for help for our weekend retreats in September and October. In the fall you can come up for the weekend to work or stay through the week and help transition Camp and enjoy fall in beautiful northwest Michigan.
For more information and job descriptions, please visit https://camp-arcadia.com/serving-at-arcadia/eos-staff/. If you have any questions, reach out to Chip May at (231-889-4361) or email@example.com.
Belated Shirts for Easter Party Helpers
The Thrivent shirts for volunteers at this year’s Easter Party just resurfaced ;-). A few too many youth sizes were ordered. If you volunteered at the Party, and you or your child would like a shirt, please take one from the office! First-come, first-served.
Contribution reports for January to June 2022 are finished and ready for pickup. The reports will be available starting Sunday July 10 and can be found on the table by the slot wall. If there are any questions or correction, please call Cindy Matthews at 574-855-3504.
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
Join H.E.A.R.T.: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
Ushers – click here to be contacted by Head Usher Matt Rockwell
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
Doorkeepers – click here to be contacted by Coordinators Jackie and Sam Homann
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Save the date: Aug 6th is the Annual Dale Timm Scholarship Fund
Golf Outing at Elbel. Registration for the event is open now. Shotgun
start at 9 am. with a meal at the school to follow.
If anyone wants to or knows anyone or business that would want to sponsor a hole and or volunteer for the event, please contact Donald Swift at RLA firstname.lastname@example.org
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of July 3rd, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $8414.28
Pastor’s Disc Fund: $125
Main. & Cap.: $20
•Last Sunday, July 3rd: 110
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 301 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Ramen, Cereal and Jelly
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team is done for the summer and will continue their work on Tuesday September 6th.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team is done for the summer. They will continue their work for The Lutheran World Relief on Tuesday September 13th.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor