To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Summer Worship (May 29-September 4) at 9:00 am
Sunday Education Hour is in Recess
RLA is Hiring: Apply or Help Us Network!
Submit your resume and contact information in the school office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer any qualified friends you know – only 3 weeks until school starts!!
A middle school teacher with an emphasis on 5th-8th grade language arts is needed for the 2022-2023 school year. A successful applicant should be a patient and kind individual that enjoys helping students grow to their full potential both educationally and spiritually. Applicants should be willing to build positive relationships with students, parents, faculty, and staff through communication, teamwork, and Christian love. A Bachelor degree in education with appropriate state of Indiana/transfer license and willingness to continue your own education through classes and professional development are required. Classwork or related experience in middle school English language arts preferred. All school employees must pass a criminal background and child protective index history check. Staff reports August 1st with students beginning on the 17th.
Extended Care Worker
We are looking for energetic adults to care for students in our afterschool program. We have preschool – 8th grade students that are in need of supervision after school. This is a part-time position, with regularly scheduled shifts during aftercare hours: Monday – Friday from 11:30 – 6:00 pm. Duties would include: supervising and caring for students, organizing & light cleaning of aftercare spaces, and maintaining an overall safe and caring environment. Applicants should be willing to build positive relationships with students, parents, faculty, and staff through communication, teamwork, and Christian love. All school employees are required to pass a criminal background and child protective index history check.
Church Cleaning Until Rally Day: We Need YOU!
Until the end of summer, while we are filling Jeff’s position, we once again need a weekly individual or team to take care of tasks like trash pickup and disposal, vacuuming, and cleaning restrooms. We’ll provide more specific instructions to those who sign up; click here to sign up. Thank you for caring for God’s House!
Aug 7: Youth-Led Worship & Thank-You Luncheon
Mark your calendars: The youth will help lead worship on Sunday, August 7 and will host a Thank-You Luncheon for the congregation after worship to share what we’ve learned at NYG and how we have grown in our Christian faith “In All Things” (Colossians 1:15-20).
Aug 14, 10:15am: Joint Worship at Resurrection Lutheran Academy not St. Peter
On August 14th, we will worship together with St. Paul and Our Redeemer at Resurrection Lutheran Academy, 6840 Nimtz Parkway, South Bend. This service is a chance for all of us to strengthen our bonds as one Church united in faith and get to know some fellow local Lutherans better. Please note the different time (10:15 not 9) and that there will be no worship at St. Peter that day.
Hannah’s House Fundraiser is ON in July!
Hannah’s House provides a temporary home, skills-training, and other support to moms who want to keep their babies. We have applied for a matching grant from LCMS Life Ministry to support Hannah’s House by creating a safe, welcoming, and restorative backyard at one of their homes. We will install a deck over bad concrete, re-landscape, and repair a tree-damaged fence. The total cost is $10K, which means our congregation needs to raise $5,000 during the month of July for its portion.
To contribute to this vital effort to support moms, kids, and God’s gift of life, please look for the donation box in the Narthex or mail your check to the Church: 437 E Dragoon Trail, Mishawaka 46544. Make checks to St. Peter Lutheran, memo: Hannah’s House.
New Mental Health, Grief and Autism Resources
- Dial 988 or Text 741741 for Suicide Prevention or Mental Health Crisis – starting July 16, a new “short number” goes into effect that will connect dialers to trained crisis counselors: simply dial 988. One can also access the same resource by texting 741741. Both work anywhere in the country but connect to counselors in your area.
- Oaklawn “Open Access” Walk-in Mental Health or Addiction Evaluation: those in any mental health or addiction crisis can now get an immediate evaluation for services from Oaklawn Treatment Centers in either South Bend or Elkhart during the following times: Mon 8-2, Tues 8-2, Wed 12-6, Thurs 10-4, Fri 8-2. Learn more: https://oaklawn.org/our-services/
- Center for Hospice Care: Expanded Grief Counselling FOR ANYONE – the Center offers excellent group or individual counselling to ANYONE grieving the loss of a loved one (your loved one need NOT have been in hospice). They have expanded evening hours to encourage individual appointments. Call 574-255-1064 for options.
- Autism: Roadmap to Community Resources, Aug 5, 9am-Noon at SB Main Library: this session offers a roadmap of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) from recognition to evaluation to treatment through local community partners in St. Joe County. Partners will be on hand and the session will be led by Dr. Joshua Diehl – Chief Program Officer at Logan, professor at St. Mary’s / ND, friend of the Clarks, and all-around good and knowledgeable guy. FREE. More info or to register: https://mentalhealthawarenessmichiana.regfox.com/autism-a-roadmap-to-resources
Support Camp Arcadia!
Are you available to work on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan as a member of Camp Arcadia’s End of Season Staff or do you know someone who is? Camp Arcadia needs your help! As our group of summer staff begin to depart, your help would be greatly appreciated in program, housekeeping, kitchen, office, and/or caretaking. Hiring starts at age 16. Our most pressing staffing needs are for the following week-long retreats:
Family Week #8: August 14-20
Family Week #9: August 21-27
Lutherhostel Retreat: August 27 – Sept. 1
We are also looking for help for our weekend retreats in September and October. In the fall you can come up for the weekend to work or stay through the week and help transition Camp and enjoy fall in beautiful northwest Michigan.
For more information and job descriptions, please visit https://camp-arcadia.com/serving-at-arcadia/eos-staff/. If you have any questions, reach out to Chip May at (231-889-4361) or email@example.com.
Contribution reports for January to June 2022 are finished and ready for pickup. The reports will be available starting Sunday July 10 and can be found on the table by the slot wall. If there are any questions or correction, please call Cindy Matthews at 574-855-3504.
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
Join H.E.A.R.T.: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Aug 6th is the Annual Dale Timm Scholarship Fund
Golf Outing at Elbel. Registration for the event is open now. Shotgun
start at 9 am. with a meal at the school to follow.
If anyone wants to or knows anyone or business that would want to sponsor a hole and or volunteer for the event, please contact Donald Swift at RLA firstname.lastname@example.org
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of July 24th, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $7174
Hannah’s House: $170
•Last Sunday, July 24th: 96
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 371 lbs…..Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Spaghetti Sauce, Cereal and Jelly
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team is done for the summer and will continue their work on Tuesday September 6th.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team is done for the summer. They will continue their work for The Lutheran World Relief on Tuesday September 13th.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour: 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor