To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
+ Worship at RLA on Sunday, August 14, 10:15 am +
- What? Joint Worship with St. Peter, St. Paul and Our Redeemer
- Where? Resurrection Lutheran Academy (RLA)
6840 Nimtz Parkway — South Bend
- What does this mean? Worship will NOT be held at the St. Peter campus, so please head on over to RLA at 10:15 for worship
- Potluck will follow after worship – bring a main dish, side, or dessert
- Parking: To ensure room for all, if possible please drop passengers at door, then park at the Tire Rack and take the “shuttle.” (To get to Tire Rack, proceed West along Cleveland just past RLA. Turn right at the stop sign onto Olive Road. Tire Rack is two blocks down on left.)
This service is a chance for all of us to strengthen our bonds as one Church united in faith and get to know some fellow local Lutherans better.
Sunday School Added, 9:15am: Mary Ann Moore, our RLA Preschool Teacher, will be offering a Sunday School lesson on “Christian Faith” designed for kids aged (roughly) 4-10. This will include preparing the kids to sing the Doxology together at the end of the service.
Church Cleaning Until Rally Day: We Need YOU!
Until the end of summer, while we are filling Jeff’s position, we once again need a weekly individual or team to take care of tasks like trash pickup and disposal, vacuuming, and cleaning restrooms. We’ll provide more specific instructions to those who sign up; click here to sign up. Thank you for caring for God’s House!
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
Join H.E.A.R.T.: Be an Usher or Doorkeeper!
We Need YOU! St. Peter H.E.A.R.T. (Hospitality, Emergency, And Response Team) does the vital work of making people feel welcome and supported in worship. But we are in dire need of both USHERS and DOORKEEPERS! Take a moment to read the description of both ministries below. Their coordinators will be available after worship to answer questions. Talk to them about joining, or click a link below to be contacted:
- Sign up individually, as a family, or as a study/ministry group
- Serve a regular rotation (e.g. once a month) or sign up for a block (e.g. “for March”)
- Aid worshippers as needed; invite to communion; collect offering and/or attendance sheets; count attendance
- Easy training will be provided
- Serve once every 4-6 weeks in rotation
- Sit by near the main door during worship
- Welcome latecomers, keep an eye out for medical or safety needs
- Simple CPR/AED training recommended and provided; you will also be able to call on trained medical personnel in the church
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
RLA is Hiring: Apply or Help Us Network!
Submit your resume and contact information in the school office or by emailing email@example.com. Please refer any qualified friends you know – only 3 weeks until school starts!!
A middle school teacher with an emphasis on 5th-8th grade language arts is needed for the 2022-2023 school year. A successful applicant should be a patient and kind individual that enjoys helping students grow to their full potential both educationally and spiritually. Applicants should be willing to build positive relationships with students, parents, faculty, and staff through communication, teamwork, and Christian love. A Bachelor degree in education with appropriate state of Indiana/transfer license and willingness to continue your own education through classes and professional development are required. Classwork or related experience in middle school English language arts preferred. All school employees must pass a criminal background and child protective index history check. Staff reports August 1st with students beginning on the 17th.
Extended Care Worker
We are looking for energetic adults to care for students in our afterschool program. We have preschool – 8th grade students that are in need of supervision after school. This is a part-time position, with regularly scheduled shifts during aftercare hours: Monday – Friday from 11:30 – 6:00 pm. Duties would include: supervising and caring for students, organizing & light cleaning of aftercare spaces, and maintaining an overall safe and caring environment. Applicants should be willing to build positive relationships with students, parents, faculty, and staff through communication, teamwork, and Christian love. All school employees are required to pass a criminal background and child protective index history check.
Support Camp Arcadia!
Are you available to work on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan as a member of Camp Arcadia’s End of Season Staff or do you know someone who is? Camp Arcadia needs your help! As our group of summer staff begin to depart, your help would be greatly appreciated in program, housekeeping, kitchen, office, and/or caretaking. Hiring starts at age 16. Our most pressing staffing needs are for the following week-long retreats:
Family Week #8: August 14-20
Family Week #9: August 21-27
Lutherhostel Retreat: August 27 – Sept. 1
We are also looking for help for our weekend retreats in September and October. In the fall you can come up for the weekend to work or stay through the week and help transition Camp and enjoy fall in beautiful northwest Michigan.
For more information and job descriptions, please visit https://camp-arcadia.com/serving-at-arcadia/eos-staff/. If you have any questions, reach out to Chip May at (231-889-4361) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of August 7th, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $3199.28
•Last Sunday, August 7th: 46
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 0 lbs
• This Week’s Shopping List: Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni and Pancake Mix
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team is done for the summer and will continue their work on Tuesday September 6th.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team is done for the summer. They will continue their work for The Lutheran World Relief on Tuesday September 13th.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
-Your St Peter Leadership-
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Th/F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)