NOTE: RESERVATION LINK for IN-PERSON WORSHIP
is located at the bottom of this post.
We are thankful to be able to slowly re-open in-person worship at St. Peter Lutheran, 437 E Dragoon Trail, Mishawaka. Following State and County guidelines, St. Peter has marked “distanced” seating in our Sanctuary and taken extra steps to support the health of all our members and guests. We also recently added a live video feed to the Sunday School and Fellowship Hall wings. This brings our current capacity for in-person worship with distanced seating to THIRTY (30) HOUSEHOLDS by RSVP only at this time. These reservations are 100% open to both St. Peter members and guests to the congregation!
Everyone can make their reservation through the Sign-Up Genius website on a week by week basis; a link to Sign-Up Genius for the coming Sunday’s worship will be included and updated each week at the end of this post. Before you sign up, please take a minute to read the Helpful Guidelines for Returning to In-Person Worship below and make sure you are comfortable with them. These guidelines are our way of showing our care for each other in worship.
If you are in a high-risk category or do not yet feel able to come to in-person worship for any reason, there are also two other options for worship:
- We broadcast live on Facebook, followed by a glitch-free recording that posts immediately after the livestream ends: facebook.com/stpetermishawaka.
- You may also listen to the service from your car on 95.5 FM (this works only from our parking lot and only while service is happening…turn up the volume!) or stream it on Facebook using your mobile data. You can then greet others after worship during “parking lot fellowship,” if you wish.
We give thanks for these initial steps and look forward to growing our opportunities for participation safely and in response to the current situation of our wider community, one step at a time. We look forward to seeing you!
Peace in the Resurrected Christ,
Pastor Borger, Pastor Clark, and the St. Peter Elders
Helpful Guidelines for Returning to In-Person Worship
We know this is hard and this is difficult. We don’t expect perfection, but we do encourage working together and helping each other to do and be our best. In doing so, we show each other grace as we work towards the common goal of receiving God’s grace in Word and Sacrament worship.
The 5 Core Guidelines for Places of Worship from State and County to be observed at St. Peter
- If you feel sick or have had contact with known COVID patients, please stay home and join us in worship using Facebook.
- Continue to observe “physical distancing” of 6 feet or more.
- Whenever physical distancing of 6 feet might not be possible momentarily, wear a mask.
- Continue to wash your hands for 20 seconds and/or use sanitizer upon entering the building, after using restrooms, etc.
- It is recommended that persons who are 65 or older, and those who have other underlying “high risk” conditions, do not yet attend in-person worship but continue to worship with us from home using Facebook.
Additional Facility Guidelines at St. Peter
- Use Face Masks when Moving Around the Building. This includes entering and exiting the building and using the facilities. However, once seated, you may remove your mask if you wish. But you may also wear your mask as much as you desire.
- Entrances and Exits:
- Use all (3) entrances into the building, which will be propped open throughout service: Main, Sunday School Wing, and Fellowship Hall. So too, the inside doors between the Fellowship Hall, Sunday School wing, and the Sanctuary.
- Hand Sanitizers and Worship Folders are located at all three entrances.
- Seating: Pews are marked with Blue Crosses to accommodate distanced seating throughout the sanctuary. Shift around as necessary to accommodate others.
To make your reservation for in-person for worship on Sunday, June 14th at 9am, please click here.
We look forward to joining you in common worship, whether in-person or online!