Dear Congregation members,
Peace and grace to you as we rest in the hope and promise that Easter brings. RLA’s teachers, staff and board are all praying for an end to our isolation, yearning for opportunities to gather again, and working to stay connected!
We hope you’ve visited our Facebook page to see what is going on with the school. Our teachers and staff are getting home-based education to our students, working with them and keeping their family groups connected. The teachers took the time to visit (while staying appropriately distanced) our students and families at the beginning of spring break to cheer them on and love on them. How blessed our community is to have such a committed and dedicated staff!
But all this isolation has brought challenges in and out of the classroom. The spring is our big fundraiser time and we missed out on Sweets and Serenades, trivia night and a couple of Polish dinners. While we have been fiscally conservative this year and are thankful that our finance committee has been working hard, we could use your donations to help keep the ship upright in this trying time. Would you consider donating what you might have spent at Sweets and Serenades, our polish dinners or any other fundraiser you might have supported?
We could use your help in other ways as well. Here are some suggestions:
• Join and visit our Facebook page and share, share, share!
• Consider whether you have the time/talent to volunteer next school year.
• Pray for our teachers and staff as they grow their teaching skills into this new eLearning environment.
• Pray for our students and their families.
• Talk about RLA to your friends; encourage someone to visit.
• Volunteer for vacation Bible school and invite your friends to attend (VBS is still under consideration, but we are prayerfully considering it in some format).
• Praise and thank God for the blessings given at RLA.
Thank you for your love and care for RLA. We look forward to sharing more good news with you through our newsletters, Facebook page and website.
He is risen; He is risen indeed. Alleluia!
Michiana Lutheran Education Association Board