No Education Hour – Summer Break
Sunday Worship at 9 AM
Meal train for Christa Rose & daughters
Christa is having surgery on June 11. We want to help with a Meal Train for a couple weeks after. To sign up, please Click Here
NEW COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following the new CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that this is an adjustment period and also that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At Large Member; Ed Mueller, At Large Member; Susannah Clews, At Large Member Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder
Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior PastorPastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
Vacation Bible School: June 14-18, 9:30-11:30am at RLA
This year our program will be open only to families of RLA and our supporting churches. Children ages 4 through 6th grade are welcome to attend. Parents are also invited to participate for a family experience and/or can volunteer to lead a “tribe” through the wilderness. Any parent who volunteers is able to bring along a younger child. We also love youth (grades 7-12) and adults without children volunteers too!
Pre-registration is required. Registration is open now at https://bit.ly/RLAVBS2021 . Sign up and reserve your spot today! Registration closes June 1.
The majority of our program will be run OUTSIDE with lots of room to spread out and have fresh air. We will also be sure to follow all local guidelines in place at the time of the event.
Ministry Coordinator News: Jenna’s Last Day was June 3rd
Just in case you didn’t see the other announcement, Jenna is prayerfully but tearfully leaving SPLC to expand her other business ventures. We give thanks for everything Jenna has brought to ministry at St. Peter over the last three years and wish her all the best in her new adventure. You can read her letter at this link.
A NOTE FROM MLEA PRESIDENT
We are so grateful for each of your congregations continued support for this important ministry as we fulfill the great commission to go and make disciples and as we train children in the way that they should go. Peace to you, Jackie Homann
Submitting Regular Prayer Requests
We would like to ensure that both pastors get all prayer requests and that they also get to the pastor who ends up doing prayers on any given Sunday. To help, please email your requests to PB, PC, & the Ministry Coordinator: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. These emails are also listed at the top of the weekly prayer sheet.
Opportunities to receive the Holy Eucharist at St. Peter:
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days are Wednesdays or Thursdays). Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Appointment at your home. Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com.
MAC Food Pantry
331# to MAC this week. They are in need of Jiffy mix & pancake mix.
MAC can also use monetary donations to buy perishables such as meat and bread as needed. Donations can be made through the church in your regular envelopes or just drop a check in the offering plate with the memo MAC and we’ll get it to them. Thank you for your continued faithfulness in helping those in our community who are in need!
The pantry is suspending all income and residency requirements during the pandemic and they welcome anyone who needs groceries. They are open Tuesday evenings from 6-7:30pm and Fridays from 10am – noon. Please let everyone know that they are welcome to come during those times for free groceries.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to WordPress Announcements, Prayers & more Automatically!
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4! See the photos below for reference!
- First go to stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and enter your email address in the blank field above the SUBSCRIBE button & click SUBSCRIBE. (Do not *Create an Account.)
- Log into your email, open the email from stpetermishawaka.wordpress.com and CONFIRM FOLLOW.
- You will then be automatically redirected to the “Subscription Management” page. This is where you can change the Delivery Frequency. Click SAVE CHANGES. (You may close the page now.)
- You will then get a confirmation email for your subscription.
You will now automatically get an email informing you of anything we add to the blog when we add it. Still feel free to visit the blog at any time, tho. Any issues, contact Jenna at email@example.com.