- Education Hour (All Ages): 9:00-9:50 am
- (Adults: Beauty, Building and Rebuilding)
- Worship: 10:15am
Advent: Wed. Community Meal (5:45pm) and Worship (7pm)
KEY ADVENT ACTIVITIES AND DEADLINES THIS WEEK
- Friday, Dec 10 – Bring cookies to church for Cookie Sale, Tues to Thurs during Office Hours (8:30am-1:30pm), during Wednesday Meal and Service (5:45-8pm) or Friday, 8:30-11:30am or 3-6pm.
- Saturday, Dec 11, 9am-Noon – Cookie Sale! $6/lb.
- Sunday, Dec 12 – Deadline to bring in your Emmons Angel Tree Gifts.
For more on any of these, see “Advent Section” below.
End-of-year Offering Reports
Just a reminder that if you want your offerings to count in the 2021 tax year, please get them to the church office by Dec 31, 2021. The earlier the better. Year-end reports will be available for pick-up starting Sunday, Jan 9, 2022. If you have any questions you can contact our Financial Secretary, Cindy Matthews, at firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Offering Envelopes
Please pick up your envelopes from the table by the slot wall. If you visit any shut-ins please take them theirs as well. If you have any quests please contact Cindy Matthews at email@example.com.
Sunday Morning Hospitality Coffee Hour Servant-Opportunity
Helping host Sunday Morning Hospitality is a great way to serve and get to know others. Hosting doesn’t need to be extravagant; simple is good, and Nancy Kroll will help you! Simply sign up on the back table or talk directly to Nancy. A new sign-up sheet for the first three months of 2022 is now available by the slot wall.
-Advent Preparations for Christmas-
Christmas for Emmons
Thank you to everyone who took a tag or two from The Angel Tree for Emmons Elementary. Please remember that the gifts are due this Sunday December 12. We will be delivering the gifts to Emmons on Dec. 17.
Christmas for RLA
This year, we again will provide gift cards to our RLA Teachers to purchase materials for the classroom. We have 10 teachers/classrooms to cover. To contribute, find the sign and box at the slat wall. Checks to St. Peter, memo: RLA Christmas. We need about $50 more.
WOMEN OF ST. PETER – Annual Cookie Sale- UPDATE
Remember this Saturday December 11, 9am-Noon The Women of St. Peter will be having their annual cookie sale. Come stock up for your self or for a party. See Jill Reedstrom or Paula Ryan for any questions or more information.
Advent Devotions still available…
In Isaiah we come upon promises that move us mightily toward the New Testament’s proclamation that Jesus of Nazareth is Israel’s Messiah and the Savior of the world. These devotions from Isaiah will renew and enliven our hearts as we countdown to Christmas. “Those who wait upon the Lord … shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:21)
Christmas Decorating – Your help is needed to prepare the Sanctuary for the Nativity of Our Lord
St. Peter is in need of eager elves to help decorate the sanctuary and church for Christmas.
• When? – Sunday, December 19th after Worship
• What? – Help with garland & wreath decorating, garland & wreath hanging, tree trimming and tree lighting.
• Commitment? – Many elves make light work but plan on 1.5 – 2 hours of work.
• Food? – Lunch will be served to the elves helping.
If you are able to help, please sign up to on the convenient “Elf Help Board” by the slot wall.
RLA Christmas Program Going Virtual
If you were planning to attend the RLA Christmas Program, please note that it is going “virtual” this year in the form of a video completed during school and sent to the congregations. So there will be no in-person event to attend. We look forward to seeing what the students put together!
Christmas by Candlelight Harp concert given by Laura Ahlemeyer. Sunday December 12th at 3:00pm at Calvary Lutheran Church, 1314 North Michigan St, Plymouth IN. A freewill offering will be taken. Light refreshments will be served following the concert.
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Rev. John Albers will be installed as Pastor of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church and School on Sunday December 12 at 3:00pm (CST) in the sanctuary. All are invited to attend. St. John’s will celebrate this blessed occasion through worship and with God’s Word.
Women of St. Peter – Adopt-a-student
The women of St. Peter would like to introduce you to this years adopt-a-student Ethan Luft. Ethan graduated from Kearney High School in Kansas City, Missouri. After high school Ethan went to a local college in Kansas City but ended up transferring to Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, Missouri. This is Ethans first year in the seminary and he just married his high school sweetheart this past February. Ethans bio and letter are on the slot wall if you would like to get more information about him. If you would like to correspond with Ethen is address is: Ethan Luft 13 Founders Way Apt. A St. Louis, MO 63105
Lutheran Diaconal Association
In this season, we remember with gratitude the many blessings of our loving God in our lives. LDA thanks God for your generous and continued support. Updates for the fall:
* Four deaconess/deacon students were approved for consecration at the fall LDA Board
* New Deacon Galen Shriner was consecrated in October 2021.
* Twenty-three students met via zoom for student seminars in 2021.
* This fall LDA resumed in-person gathering.
* Deaconesses, deacons, and students are adapting their ministries amid the pandemic.
To learn more about the LDA, check out the information on the slat wall, visit the website at www.theLDA.org, or see Amy Smessaert, SPLC Lay Deaconess and LDA Deaconess Student. Thank you!
Spy Poinsettia Sale
SPY and the Altar Guild would like to thank everyone who participated in the poinsettia sale this year. If you purchased a voucher you can pick up your flowers anytime from now until December 18 from the vendor (Varner’s in Niles). SPY is happy to work with you on delivery/pick-up as well. Contact Krista with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-339-4579A special thank you to the following people who donated poinsettias to the church.
Don & Jennifer Graves, Kay Pamachena, Dixie & Bruce Bennett, Jeff & Halrun Luppes, Cindy Matthews, Ed & Marion Mueller, Deb & John Watson, Homann Family, Pastor Ken & Anne Manglesdorf, Samuel Homann, Tim & Laura Nye, Nancy Kroll, Paula & Chuck Ryan, Dave & Nancy Luppes, Paula & Tim Butts, Dale & Kristie Sherburn, Annette Winterrowd, Keith & Roxanne Miller, Cindy & John Schroeder, Mike & Cindy Fonck, Dylan & Jordan Bergstrom, Joel Krueger, Nichole & Stephen Troyer, Kathy Levy and Mark & Juanita Schumaker.
Thank you to everyone who participated this weekend making braille books. SPY made 18 books of Proverbs in Kiswahili.
–Last Week in the Lord’s Service–
Week of December 5th 2021
Offerings – Thanksgiving & Sunday
• General Fund: $9242.17
* RLA Christmas: $600
* Pastors Disc Fund: $20
* Kossow Memorial: $145
November Financials- UNAPPROVED
There is a deficit of $4,500 going into December. Financials have been posted to the
St. Peter Member page and are available for viewing.
* Sunday Dec 5: 116
* Wednesday Dec 8:
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• 356 lbs. was collected this week… praise God!
• Shopping List for This Week: jelly, syrup and pancake mix
• Start looking for sales on soup as M.A.C. is starting to run low on cold weather staples!
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• This week the braille team made23 Books of II Chronicles were made in Unified English.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• This week: 2 quilts was made for The Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Submit Your Announcement Electronically
Like Prayer Requests, Announcements can now be submitted electronically. Please visit https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains documents like: the most current Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to receive the password.
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: https://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better: splcm.org/worship.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
General Office Hours:
M-TH: 8:30am-1:30pm; FRI: 8:30am-Noon
- Education Hour (All Ages) 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship 10:15am
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor