To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
- Education Hour (All Ages) in Christmas recess. Resumes on Sun., Jan. 9: 9:00-9:50 am
- Worship: 10:15am
Christmas Worship Schedule
- Christmas Eve – Festival of Lessons and Carols: Friday, December 24, 7:30 pm
- Christmas Day – Nativity of Our Lord, Divine Service: Saturday, December 25, 10:00 am
KEY ADVENT ACTIVITIES AND DEADLINES THIS WEEK
- Christmas Decorating: this Sunday Dec 19 after worship service.
Christmas Decorating – Your help is needed
St. Peter is in need of eager elves to help decorate the sanctuary and church for Christmas.
• When? – Sunday, December 19th after Worship
• What? – Help with garland & wreath decorating & hanging, tree trimming.
• Commitment? – Many elves make light work but plan on 1.5 – 2 hours of work.
• Food? – Lunch will be served to the elves helping. The RLA Christmas video will also play at this time in the Fellowship Hall!
End-of-year Offering Reports
If you want your offerings to count in the 2021 tax year, please get them to the church office by Dec 31, 2021. Year-end reports available starting Sunday, Jan 9, 2022. Questions? Contact our Financial Secretary, Cindy Matthews, at email@example.com
2022 Offering Envelopes
Please pick up your envelopes by the slat wall. If you visit any shut-ins please take them theirs as well. Questions? Contact Cindy Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Morning Hospitality Coffee Hour Servant-Opportunity
Hosting Sunday Morning Hospitality is a great way to serve and get to know others. It doesn’t need to be extravagant; simple is good, and Nancy Kroll will help you! Simply sign up on the back table or talk directly to Nancy. 2022 Sign-up available by the slat wall.
-Advent, Christmas, Epiphany-
Christmas for RLA and Emmons
The teachers, staff, and families at both schools say: thanks! Your gifts are much appreciated and will do much good for our neighbors and ministries.
Women of St. Peter – Epiphany Party
We would love to have an Epiphany Party for the Women of St. Peter somewhere around Epiphany (Jan 6). But we need someone to host! You can pick the time and place that works for you! Talk to WOSP President Paula Ryan.
Women of St. Peter – Annual Cookie Sale
Thank you so much to all of you who baked cookies and participated in the cookies sale.
RLA Christmas Program Going Virtual
The RLA Christmas Program is going “virtual” as a video sent to the congregations. So there will be no in-person event to attend. We look forward to seeing what the students put together during “Elf Decorating Time” on Sun, Dec 19 after worship!
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
Portals of Prayer
January – March 2022 now on the slat wall.
Women of St. Peter – Adopt-a-student
The women of St. Peter would like to introduce you to this years adopt-a-student Ethan Luft. Ethan graduated from Kearney High School in Kansas City, Missouri. He then went to a local college in Kansas City but ended up transferring to Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, Missouri. This is Ethan’s first year in the seminary and he just married his high school sweetheart this past February. Ethan’s bio and letter are on the slat wall if you would like to get more information about him. If you would like to correspond with Ethan is address is: Ethan Luft 13 Founders Way Apt. A St. Louis, MO 63105
Lutheran Diaconal Association
In this season, we remember with gratitude the many blessings of our loving God in our lives. LDA thanks God for your generous and continued support. Updates for the fall:
- Four deaconess/deacon students were approved for consecration at the fall LDA Board Meeting.
- New Deacon Galen Shriner was consecrated in October 2021.
- Twenty-three students met via zoom for student seminars in 2021.
- This fall LDA resumed in-person gathering.
- Deaconesses, deacons, and students are adapting their ministries amid the pandemic.
To learn more about the LDA, check out the information on the slat wall, visit the website at www.theLDA.org, or see Amy Smessaert, SPLC Lay Deaconess and LDA Deaconess Student. Thank you!
Spy Poinsettia Sale
SPY and the Altar Guild would like to thank everyone who participated in the poinsettia sale this year. If you purchased a voucher you can pick up your flowers anytime from now until December 18 from the vendor (Varner’s in Niles). SPY is happy to work with you on delivery/pick-up as well. Contact Krista with questions. email@example.com or 574-339-4579A special thank you to the following people who donated poinsettias to the church: Don & Jennifer Graves, Kay Pamachena, Dixie & Bruce Bennett, Jeff & Halrun Luppes, Cindy Matthews, Ed & Marion Mueller, Deb & John Watson, Homann Family, Pastor Ken & Anne Manglesdorf, Samuel Homann, Tim & Laura Nye, Nancy Kroll, Paula & Chuck Ryan, Dave & Nancy Luppes, Paula & Tim Butts, Dale & Kristie Sherburn, Annette Winterrowd, Keith & Roxanne Miller, Cindy & John Schroeder, Mike & Cindy Fonck, Dylan & Jordan Bergstrom, Joel Krueger, Nichole & Stephen Troyer, Kathy Levy and Mark & Juanita Schumaker.
–Last Week in the Lord’s Service–
Week of December 12th 2021
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
- General Fund: $3,520.31
- Pastors Disc Fund: $45.00
- RLA Christmas: $395 ($995 total)
- Current Report: November – UNAPPROVED is available @ St. Peter Member Page
- Current Running Deficit: $4,500 going into December.
• Last Sunday, Dec 12: 122
• Wednesday Evening Prayer, Dec 15: 41
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 497 lbs.… Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: pancake mix, syrup and jelly
• Coming Needs: Look for sales on Soup as M.A.C. is starting to run low on cold weather staples!
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• This week the braille team made 27 Books of II Chronicles were made in Unified English.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• This week: 3 quilts completed for Lutheran World Relief (LWR).
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by any of the following:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning; OR
- E-mailing your requests to PB, PC, and the Ministry Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your Announcement Electronically
Like Prayer Requests, Announcements can now be submitted electronically. Please visit https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/.
St. Peter “Member-Login” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated “Member-Login” website page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains documents like: the most current Church Directory, Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries, Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget), Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: The “Member-Login” website page is password protected. Please contact the church office to receive the password.
Eucharist Opportunities at St. Peter
- In-Person during Divine Service on Sunday mornings at 10:15am.
- By Appointment at St. Peter Church (best days: Wed or Thurs) or at your home.
Contact Pastor Borger at email@example.com
Adult Bible Study Information
For more information on our five Adult Studies this fall (join anytime), click here.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Policies for St. Peter:
- Following CDC guidelines, masks are now optional after vaccination.
- However, please be aware that some folks still may desire to mask due to special health situations, e.g. an immunocompromised person in their household. So we encourage everyone, masked and unmasked, to ask one another what they prefer and to still mask if requested. (Folks who generally will not mask thus will still want to carry one in their pocket to use if needed.)
- Please also try not to clutter up the Narthex on the way out: chat in an open space outdoors or in the wings.
- If you have COVID symptoms or a diagnosis, please join us from home by livestream until you are better: splcm.org/worship.
Thank You for your support for leadership and care for each other.
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour: 9:00-9:50am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am
Your St Peter Leadership
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Ed Mueller, At-Large Member; There is one vacant At-Large Member position
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor