To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Worship at 10:15 am
Sunday Education Hour at 9am
RLA Port-a-Pit Chicken Fundraiser: Tomorrow, Sat Sept 10
Rally Day- THIS SUNDAY
9am Education Hour (Age 3 to Adult)
11:30am Potluck, Fun, and Games (with Bouncy Slide!)
- We will introduce our new theme, logo, and Spirit Wear: Live Connected!
- Intergenerational Education Hour with Baptismal Remembrance and short on-campus Prayer Walks; crafts and more for the kids.
- Potluck: click here to RSVP for a side or salad; fried chicken and dessert provided
- Jr and Sr High will sponsor games; the bouncy slide is back for the kids!
NOTE: Feel free to wear/bring comfy clothes & shoes; will be needed for some games.
Be a Crucifer…or Usher!
We invite anyone interested and able to carry the Cross in the opening hymn of worship. Sign-up on the Sunday Servants sheet in the Narthex and watch this video to prepare.
We also continue to invite families, ministry teams, or friend groups to sign up on the same Sunday Servants sheet for a day of Ushering this Fall. A veteran usher will be there to assist you. You can also see the specific list duties, with video demos, here.
CROP Walk 2022
Join us in our efforts to support this year’s St. Joseph County CROP Hunger Walk and help us fight hunger in our community and across the globe; 25% of the funds go to St. Joe County foodbanks.
How can I get involved?
- Walk with us on Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 2:00 pm at Zion United Church of Christ in South Bend (near Howard Park). Registration starts at 1:15 pm. There are two walks – a short 1-mile walk or a long 4-mile walk.
- Donate on behalf of our walkers and SPLC. Our goal is $500. Let’s make it happen!
- Online: To donate online, click here or go to our SPLC fundraising page and click on the orange ‘Donate’ button.Offline: Grab one of the donation folders by the slat wall and return it to Halrun Luppes no later than October 16, 2022.
- NOTE! If you are associated with SPY, please reference “St. Peter Youth” in the ‘Message’ field online or on your check as CWS will make a matching gift of $50 if our youth group raises at least $200.
- Pray for the CROP Walk and for our participation in it.
To learn more about CWS and CROP Hunger Walks visit CROP Hunger Walks. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Halrun Luppes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-292-2792 (mobile). Thank you for your support!
Calling All Women
The Women of St. Peter are having a “Throwback Style” meeting on September 25th after church service. Discussion will include: missions, activities for the year and possibly giving money away.
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
**VOLUNTEER HELPERS FOR THE POLISH DINNER ALSO NEEDED
It is always a good time to socialize and have a wonderful fellowship time, as well as to serve. CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER!!
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of September 4th, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $3999.28
•Last Sunday, September 4th: 63
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 0 lbs
• This Week’s Shopping List: Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni and jiffy Mix
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team is done for the summer and will continue their work on Tuesday September 13th.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team is done for the summer. They will continue their work for The Lutheran World Relief on Tuesday September 13th.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
-Your St Peter Leadership-
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
M/F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to Adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)