To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Worship at 10:15 am
Sunday Education Hour at 9am
Halloween Bash Outreach: We Need YOU!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP TO HOST A CANDY STATION!!
Be a Crucifer…or Usher!
We invite anyone interested and able to carry the Cross in the opening hymn of worship. Sign-up on the Sunday Servants sheet in the Narthex and watch this video to prepare.
We also continue to invite families, ministry teams, or friend groups to sign up on the same Sunday Servants sheet for a day of Ushering this Fall. A veteran usher will be there to assist you. You can also see the specific list duties, with video demos, here.
CROP Walk 2022
Join us in our efforts to support this year’s St. Joseph County CROP Hunger Walk and help us fight hunger in our community and across the globe; 25% of the funds go to St. Joe County foodbanks.
How can I get involved?
- Walk with us on Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 2:00 pm at Zion United Church of Christ in South Bend (near Howard Park). Registration starts at 1:15 pm. There are two walks – a short 1-mile walk or a long 4-mile walk.
- Donate on behalf of our walkers and SPLC. Our goal is $500. Let’s make it happen!
- Online: To donate online, click here or go to our SPLC fundraising page and click on the orange ‘Donate’ button.Offline: Grab one of the donation folders by the slat wall and return it to Halrun Luppes no later than October 16, 2022.
- NOTE! If you are associated with SPY, please reference “St. Peter Youth” in the ‘Message’ field online or on your check as CWS will make a matching gift of $50 if our youth group raises at least $200.
- Pray for the CROP Walk and for our participation in it.
To learn more about CWS and CROP Hunger Walks visit CROP Hunger Walks. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Halrun Luppes at email@example.com or 574-292-2792 (mobile). Thank you for your support!
Calling All Women
The Women of St. Peter are having a “Throwback Style” meeting on September 25th after church service. Discussion will include: missions, activities for the year and possibly giving money away.
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
**VOLUNTEER HELPERS FOR THE POLISH DINNER ALSO NEEDED
It is always a good time to socialize and have a wonderful fellowship time, as well as to serve. CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER!!
SPY CROP Walk
SPY is participating in this year’s CROP Hunger Walk the afternoon of Sept. 25. Below is the link to our CROP Walk team site to register and/or make a donation. They will add another $50 if our youth raises at least $200. You do not have to make a donation to register. We will use this registration as our sign-up for this event instead of SignUpGenius. If anyone needs assistance with transportation, please contact me (574-274-6543) or Emily (574-339-9669) directly. If you have questions about the event itself, please direct them to Halrun Luppes (574-292-2792, firstname.lastname@example.org).
St. Peter Team Site:
Sunday, September 25, 2022
2:00 pm (Registration starts at 1:15 pm)
Zion United Church of Christ (near Howard Park)
211 S St. Peter St.
South Bend, IN 46617
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of September 11th, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $4,555
Pastor’s Disc: $25
Memorial Fund: $120
•Last Sunday, September 11th: 129
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 437 lbs ….. Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni and jiffy Mix
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 20 books of I Kings.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 3 quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at email@example.com.
-Your St Peter Leadership-
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to adult): summer recess; resumes September 10
- Divine Worship: 9am (May 28 – September 3)