To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Worship at 10:15 am
Sunday Education Hour at 9am
Hannah and Pastor Clark Rep St. Peter at the ND Faith Fair, 9/22:
THIS SUNDAY, Sept 25 After Worship
- WOMEN OF ST. PETER ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING – right after worship!
- CROPWALK, 2pm at Zion United Church of Christ in South Bend (near Howard Park). Join us, or donate – talk to Halrun in-person or click here to donate online. Questions? Contact Halrun Luppes (574-292-2792, firstname.lastname@example.org).
LAST CALL, SPIRIT WEAR 9/26
We hope everyone will get at least a t-shirt for events and an all-congregation picture.
We are also buying t-shirts for the kids, get sizes to PC by Sunday, 9/25. Cost too much or problems ordering? Talk to PC, email@example.com.
Halloween Bash: We Need YOU – and we’ll provide the candy!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP TO HOST A CANDY STATION!!
Join RLA Shoe Collection
Starting next Sunday, 9/25, bring your “gently worn, used, and new” shoes to pass along to folks in developing countries. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers for donations, too!
*”Gently worn means no holes, no separation of sole, something you would pass on or wear yourself.”
Elm Road Fall Festival: Fri, Oct 7th, 6:30-8:30pm
We have been invited to help and support the Fall Family Festival (think, “Family Dance Plus” but all outside). More info on different roles coming soon, but most things anyone could help with. Email PC if you can help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hannah’s House Life Grant: $1000 more needed by Oct 6!
Good News: we received $2500 for our Hannah’s House project! BUT:
- We will be doing the project in the Spring.
- They could not fund 1:1, so (after more donations) we still need $1000 by Oct 6 to accept the grant. Write checks to St. Peter, memo Hannah’s House.
Be a Crucifer…or Usher!
We invite anyone interested and able to carry the Cross in the opening hymn of worship. Sign-up on the Sunday Servants sheet in the Narthex and watch this video to prepare.
We also continue to invite families, ministry teams, or friend groups to sign up on the same Sunday Servants sheet for a day of Ushering this Fall. A veteran usher will be there to assist you. You can also see the specific list duties, with video demos, here.
MAC Thank You!
Dear friends at St. Peter Lutheran Church
Thank you so much for your support of the MAC Food Pantry. Your response to God’s call to serve is much appreciated. May you continue to listen to God’s direction as you serve the community.
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
SPY CROP Walk
SPY is participating in this year’s CROP Hunger Walk the afternoon of Sept. 25. Below is the link to our CROP Walk team site to register and/or make a donation. They will add another $50 if our youth raises at least $200. You do not have to make a donation to register. We will use this registration as our sign-up for this event instead of SignUpGenius. If anyone needs assistance with transportation, please contact me (574-274-6543) or Emily (574-339-9669) directly. If you have questions about the event itself, please direct them to Halrun Luppes (574-292-2792, email@example.com).
St. Peter Team Site:
Sunday, September 25, 2022
2:00 pm (Registration starts at 1:15 pm)
Zion United Church of Christ (near Howard Park)
211 S St. Peter St.
South Bend, IN 46617
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of September 11th, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $4232.52
Hannah’s House: $1000
Memorial Fund: $25
•Last Sunday, September 18th: 121
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 164 lbs ….. Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Soup, Rice-a-Roni and Mac & Cheese
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 28 books of I Kings.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 7 quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
A Detailed Reference Guide and Quick Reference Guide are available on the blog at the following link: http://splcm.org/zoom/. Leaders, if you need another copy of the leader guide, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Your St Peter Leadership-
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
F: “Flex” (call to see)
Sunday Summer Schedule
- Divine Worship: 9am (May 28 – September 3)
- Education Hour in recess for the summer. Resumes September 10