To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Worship at 10:15 am
Sunday Education Hour at 9am
Spirit Sunday: Nov 13 – Wear Your Shirt for a Congregational Picture!
Wear your shirt on Sunday, Nov 13 for a picture around the Cross right after worship, on the way to the Voter’s Assembly. Didn’t get a shirt? Still join the picture!
Fall Voter’s Assembly: Sunday, Nov 13 after Worship and Picture
Hear where we have been and discern where the Lord is calling us to go. Mini agenda:
1. Review of June 2022 Voter’s Assembly minutes
2. Leadership reports
3. Celebrations of blessings
4. Presentation of 2023 Kingdom Spending Plan (Budget)
5. Possible presentation of RESOLUTION: Resolved that the MLT, on behalf of the congregation, be authorized to gather and select nominees to submit by Tuesday, February 28,2023, for President, First Vice-President, and/or regional vice-president of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Note: This allows the MLT to not have to call a special Voters’ Meeting before February 28. Congregation members may submit names for consideration to the MLT.
* Click here to find and review KSP/Budget, June minutes, and most recent financials.
Bring your coffee and pray – for Pastor Clark, St. Peter, and the Church
Gather with Deaconess Amy Smessaert at 10 a.m. on Sundays for a brief time of prayer for Pastor Clark as he prepares a series of theses on questions of race, economics, and gender that have arisen in our life together, in society, and as the Church. We will pray for 6-8 minutes prior to worship. Meet in the south end of the sanctuary, by the stairwell. Copies of the prayer will be provided.
SUNDAY ADULT ED, 9am: Identity, Diversity, Love, and Justice
Download and Read SHORTENED Theses
PC continues to offer his best take on the best way forward with regard to questions of Identity, Diversity, Love, and Justice that have become divisive in the Church and our society. He also has created more concise theses (2-3 pages per week) to help us read and discuss more easily. Download below (opens with same password as this site), read ahead, and come discuss:
Shortened Theses for this Sunday, 11/6 (back side of):
Advent by Candlelight
Advent by Candlelight returns at 6pm on Sunday, December 4. Ladies, mark your calendars and please sign up on the sheet by the slat wall. The event may look and feel a little different this year. We need a couple ladies willing to provide decadent desserts to please sign up on the sheet and coordinate with each other. Similarly, we need a couple ladies willing to provide simple decorations to please sign up and coordinate with each other. Any questions? See Renee Peggs!
Need Your Driveway Plowed?
Teresa Mathes is looking for customers who need their driveway plowed this winter. Her business cards are located on the slot wall.
MAC Food Pantry – Join the Board?
Mishawaka Alliance of Care (MAC) has always been a community oriented organization. At present they are focused on serving the MAC Food Pantry. Their board members are representatives from local church donors. Due to our strong participation, they would like to have a member from St. Peter on the Board.
The Board meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 am. Their next meeting is December 1st, at Albright Church. If you are interested, or have questions, please call Alice Anderson, 574 -255-4240
Join RLA Shoe Collection
Bring your “gently worn, used, and new” shoes to pass along to folks in developing countries. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers for donations, too!
*”Gently worn means no holes, no separation of sole, something you would pass on or wear yourself.”
Pick Your Next Usher Date!
Thanks to everyone who has served as an usher or usher team so far this fall. It is time to pick another date to serve! Please sign-up on the Sunday Servants sheet on the slat wall. You can see the specific list duties, with video demos, here. A veteran usher will be there to assist you and will teach you one extra duty beyond communion each time you serve.
Crucifer: Pick a Date to Carry the Cross!
We also invite anyone interested and able to carry the Cross in the opening hymn. Sign-up on the Sunday Servants sheet in the Narthex and watch this video to prepare.
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
If you are using the church for any reason and need the church set up a certain way please contact Matt Rockwell (Cell) 574-261-8318
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
SPY will be making braille books again on November 5th. Keep an eye out for a Sign-Up Genius email.
RLA is having a sub sandwich fundraiser to off-set the cost of new basketball uniforms. They would greatly appreciate your help in sharing this with your friends and family. If you need someone to come pick up order forms, please contact Lisa Schmidtgoessling at (574) 272-2200. They appreciate all of your prayers and support!
Cheer for a Notre Dame WIN against Navy on Nov. 12th as you enjoy a delicious sub sandwich AND help the Resurrection Lutheran Academy basketball team get new uniforms! 12” subs for $12 OR 2 for $20 Select your toppings and return order the form with payment to the office by Nov. 10th. Pick Up on Nov. 12th between 9:30-11:30am at RLA (6840 Nimtz Parkway, South Bend, IN 46628). Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 574-272-2200.
RLA Das Essenhaus Fundraiser
RLA is taking orders for a Das Dutchmen Essenhaus fundraiser! This is a GREAT way to do a little less Thanksgiving cooking with pies, cookies, or rolls AND help support RLA! We also have $15 and $25 gift cards which can be used on site in their bakery, restaurant, and stores! Place your order with an RLA student or the office by Wednesday. Orders can be picked up at the school on Tuesday, Nov. 22.
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of October 30th, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $3478.34
Cap. & Maint.: $20
•Last Sunday, October 30th: 102
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 468 lbs ….. Praise God!
• This Week’s Shopping List: Jiffy Mix, Jelly, Thanksgiving Items
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 23 books of II Chronicles in Unified English.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 8 quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact, Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
Changes have continued. If your group needs to use Zoom, please email PC at email@example.com.
-Your St Peter Leadership-
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
F: “Flex” (call to see)
Sunday Summer Schedule
- Divine Worship: 9am (May 28 – September 3)
- Education Hour in recess for the summer. Resumes September 10