To access Live-streamed Worship and view Worship Folder please use:
Worship at 10:15 am
Sunday Education Hour at 9am
THIS SUNDAY, 9am: A “More Usual” Bible Study on Love, Justice, and the Gospel
This Sunday we begin to look at “love and justice” and their relation to the Gospel of Jesus; in contrast to previous weeks, we will step all the way back from any particular issue and look closely at key bible passages on these three key concepts for Christian life. Thus, no prep work OR familiarity with any previous session is required; in fact, PC kind of wishes he had started with this particular lesson. So if you got lost along the way, or even if you have not yet attended at all, please consider joining this Sunday!
THIS SUNDAY: T-Shirt Sizing Problems? Try a Swap: 9:50am
We’ve heard rumor that some of the t-shirts seem to be running small. Having put our logo on, we cannot return them. But you may bring your shirt this Sunday to the Fellowship Hall at 9:50am and see if someone could swap sizes. If you see this in time, email PC your name, current shirt size and color, and desired shirt size: email@example.com.
THIS SUNDAY: Wear Spirit Wear for a Congregational Picture!
Wear your Spirit Wear on Sunday, Nov 13 for a picture around the Cross right after worship, on the way to the Voter’s Assembly. Didn’t get any? Still join the picture!
THIS SUNDAY: Fall Voter’s Assembly after Worship and Picture
Hear where we have been and discern where the Lord is calling us to go. Mini agenda:
1. Review of June 2022 Voter’s Assembly minutes
2. Leadership reports
3. Celebrations of blessings
4. Presentation of 2023 Kingdom Spending Plan (Budget)
5. Presentation of RESOLUTION: Resolved that the MLT, on behalf of the congregation, be authorized to gather and select nominees to submit by Tuesday, February 28,2023, for President, First Vice-President, and/or regional vice-president of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Note: This allows the MLT to not have to call a special Voters’ Meeting before February 28. Congregation members may submit names for consideration to the MLT.
* Click here to find and review KSP/Budget, June minutes, and most recent financials.
Advent by Candlelight
Advent by Candlelight returns at 6pm on Sunday, December 4. Ladies, mark your calendars and please sign up on the sheet by the slat wall. The event may look and feel a little different this year. We need a couple ladies willing to provide decadent desserts to please sign up on the sheet and coordinate with each other. Similarly, we need a couple ladies willing to provide simple decorations to please sign up and coordinate with each other. Any questions? See Renee Peggs!
Sign The Mat Board
For the next couple of weeks, you will find a mat board on the table by the slot wall. Please take a moment and write your name on it. Please make sure your teens and small children write their names as well.
Christmas Decorating – Your help is needed to prepare the Sanctuary for the Nativity of Our Lord
St. Peter is in need of eager elves to help decorate the sanctuary and church for Christmas.
• When? – Sunday, December 18th after Worship
• What? – Help with garland & wreath decorating, garland & wreath hanging, tree trimming and tree lighting.
• Commitment? – Many elves make light work but plan on 1.5 – 2 hours of work.
• Food? – Lunch will be served to the elves helping.
If you are able to help, please sign up to on the convenient “Elf Help Board” by the slot wall.
38th Annual Advent/Christmas Service In the German Language
The 38th Annual “Weihnachts Vesper” (a Christmas Service in German Language) will be held at 4:00 pm on Sunday, November 27th, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 51490 Laurel Road, in South Bend. A time of fellowship will follow the service. Contact St. Paul church office at 574-271-1050 for more information.
Bring your coffee and pray – for Pastor Clark, St. Peter, and the Church
Gather with Deaconess Amy Smessaert at 10 a.m. on Sundays for a brief time of prayer for Pastor Clark as he prepares a series of theses on questions of race, economics, and gender that have arisen in our life together, in society, and as the Church. We will pray for 6-8 minutes prior to worship. Meet in the south end of the sanctuary, by the stairwell. Copies of the prayer will be provided.
Pick Your Next Usher Date!
Thanks to everyone who has served as an usher or usher team so far this fall. It is time to pick another date to serve! Please sign-up on the Sunday Servants sheet on the slat wall. You can see the specific list duties, with video demos, here. A veteran usher will be there to assist you and will teach you one extra duty beyond communion each time you serve.
Crucifer: Pick a Date to Carry the Cross!
We also invite anyone interested and able to carry the Cross in the opening hymn. Sign-up on the Sunday Servants sheet in the Narthex and watch this video to prepare.
Need Your Driveway Plowed?
Teresa Mathes is looking for customers who need their driveway plowed this winter. Her business cards are located on the slot wall.
MAC Food Pantry – Join the Board?
Mishawaka Alliance of Care (MAC) has always been a community oriented organization. At present they are focused on serving the MAC Food Pantry. Their board members are representatives from local church donors. Due to our strong participation, they would like to have a member from St. Peter on the Board.
The Board meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 am. Their next meeting is December 1st, at Albright Church. If you are interested, or have questions, please call Alice Anderson, 574 -255-4240
Join RLA Shoe Collection
Bring your “gently worn, used, and new” shoes to pass along to folks in developing countries. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers for donations, too!
*”Gently worn means no holes, no separation of sole, something you would pass on or wear yourself.”
-Ministry Updates and Opportunities-
If you are using the church for any reason and need the church set up a certain way please contact Matt Rockwell (Cell) 574-261-8318
We Need help with hospitality on Sundays. Pick up some treats from the store such as mini rolls, strudel, donut holes, small cinnamon rolls or similar. Total cost is no more than $20 (3-4 packages). There is a sign-up sheet and instructions on the table by the slot wall.
Please contact Nancy Kroll if you have any questions at (574)520-1236 or (574)229-9496
SPY made 13 books of II Chronicles in Unified English last Saturday Nov. 5th. Thank you so much SPY for all your help!
-Last Week in the Lord’s Service-
Week of November 6th, 2022
Offerings – Last Sunday & Financial Update
General Fund: $12,051.13
•Last Sunday, November 6th: 123
M.A.C. Food Pantry
• Food Collected this week: 0 lbs
• This Week’s Shopping List: Jiffy Mix, Jelly, Thanksgiving Items
Contact Cindy Matthews for more information 574-855-3504.
• The Braille Team made 24 books of II Chronicles in Unified English.
Contact Sharon Csaszar 574-904-1411 or Sandy Ellis 574-220-3636 for more information.
• The sewing team made 7 quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
The Sewing Group meets Tuesdays to cut squares, size sheets, and assemble backs and fronts of quilts, iron sheets, sew and pin quilts. Participants of ANY skill level from the least to the greatest are welcome. If you are interested in this human care ministry contact, Helga Platz 574-514-3751 for more information.
-Links and General Info-
Prayer Requests may be submitted by:
- Using the convenient on-line Submit New Prayer Request Here Link OR
- Adding written prayers to the “Our Gathering Prayers” form on Sunday morning
Announcements may be submitted by:
- Using the online form: https://splcm.org/forms/submit-announcement/
- Filling out an announcement form from the left of the slat wall in the Narthex and placing it on the pastor’s chair to the right of the Cross at the front of the sanctuary.
St. Peter “Members” Website Page
Did you know that we have a dedicated page just for members of St. Peter? This page contains the most current Church Directory; Monthly Celebrations for Birthdays, Baptism and Wedding Anniversaries; Annual Kingdom Spending Plan (budget); Monthly Financial reports, MLT and Voter Assembly Minutes and Announcements, Church Constitution, and more. NOTE: Password is the same as “prayers” password; call the Church Office with questions, 574-255-5585.
Changes have continued. If your group needs to use Zoom, please email PC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Your St Peter Leadership-
- Mission Leadership Team (MLT): Jeff Luppes, President; Rob Hunt III, Vice-President; Amy Carter, Secretary; David Luster-Bartz, Treasurer; Ninette Deliyannides, At-Large Member; Elizabeth McGrath, At-Large Member; Dylan Bergstrom, At-Large Member.
- Elders: Chuck Ryan, Head Elder; Marty Orlowski; Brian Reedstrom; Mark Waldron; David Gurnee; John Schroeder, Jeff Rockwell
- Pastors: Pastor Bryan Borger, Senior Pastor; Pastor Adam Clark, Associate Pastor
F: “Flex” (call to see)
- Education Hour (pre3 to adult): 9:00am
- Divine Worship: 10:15am (splcm.org/worship)